Web Application Helpdesk Specialist
Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching - Stanford, CA - Full time
Working closely with the Collaborative Technologies team, the Web Application Helpdesk Specialist provides technical assistance and support related to Carnegie products and online platforms in use by faculty partners. This position will also help manage and execute the improvement and revision priorities for the online platforms, and play a central role in driving the production process.
- Develop support processes and resources to guide Faculty through the platform systems.
- Strategically address platform and software challenges encountered by Faculty and identify prompt resolutions
- Write technical documentation, how-to guides for faculty on the functionalities of the online systems, as well as develop service goals and recommend areas of improvement.
- Assist in product rollout to Faculty, helping ensure they fully understand and adopt new products and features.
- Train and support faculty on the online platform through webinars.
- Attend to Helpdesk tickets and escalate as necessary.
- Follow-up with faculty members regarding questions and issues arising through Helpdesk and other modes of communication.
- Analyze Helpdesk activity as part platform improvement process and work closely with the technology team on implementing new features or enhancements that emerge from the Helpdesk.
- Develop expertise with the multiple platforms to pair faculty needs with development priorities.
- Other related duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a STEM related field.
- 2 years of relevant experience required, particularly in educational technology.
- Experience with Helpdesk support and/or technical writing preferred.
- Experience using Wordpress and Google applications preferred.
Skill Requirements and Qualifications
- A commitment to the challenge of improving educational outcomes for under-served students.
- Excellent customer service skills that manifest in a calm and professional manner.
- Ease in learning and mastering new technologies and the ability to express technical problems and solutions clearly.
- Superior writing skills with an attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage workflow, handle multiple tasks and projects, and meet frequently shifting deadlines.
- Must be flexible and comfortable working in an environment with a high degree of ambiguity and where processes, timelines, and targets are evolving.
- Ability to take initiative, approach challenges with an improvement mindset, and work collaboratively.
Employee Benefits & Perks
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including full medical, dental, and vision coverage; life, disability, and long term care insurance; employer subsidized flexible spending plans; employer contributions to your retirement plan; relocation assistance; 15 paid holidays; up to 6 weeks paid parental leave; matching contributions to charitable organizations; and a generous educational stipend to further your professional development.
How to Apply
Email your resume AND a detailed cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and how your strengths and skills would contribute to Carnegie’s work. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
To: firstname.lastname@example.orgSubject: Helpdesk Specialist Application
1 or more years
Founded by Andrew Carnegie in 1905, the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching is an independent policy and research center committed to developing networks of ideas, individuals, and institutions to advance teaching and learning. We join together scholars, practitioners, and designers in new ways to solve problems of educational practice. Toward this end, we're currently working to integrate the discipline of Improvement Science into education with the goal of building the field’s capacity to improve.