As a member of the Creative Studio, as part of Global Product Management, you will create digital storyboards, layouts, motion illustrations, for our online, Aplia and MindTap products. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of interactive storytelling, sequential learning, design principles, color theory, and motion design.
The Media Designer will interact with content teams, subject matter experts, user experience, media production to produce maps and graphics, both passive and interactive, for our customer-facing sites, all while meeting or exceeding budget, schedule, quality, and business requirements.
- Create interactive visual content from conceptualization, review, and implementation, including translating precise content requirements into effective and accurate visual communications with subject matter experts, content teams, and engineering staff for a variety of technologies and platforms
- Provide sketches, storyboards, proofs of concept, and presentations to effectively communicate visual concepts to internal stakeholders and project team members
- Create, document, and evangelize visual content guidelines, best practices, libraries, and standards
- Work closely with Media Design Manager, designers, media designers and production manager to produce cutting edge, effective and timely learning content, and develop and maintain best production practices
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, motion design, or supportive disciplines; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as interactive graphic artist or motion designer
- Strong understanding and proven implementation of the power of story and character
- Proven experience sketching and creating visuals for content
- Mastery of web design principles, HTML, and digital design best practices
- Portfolio required, including animation, interactive HTML5 and static illustrations
- Proven experience creating illustrations and interactive animation using Adobe CC Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate art and design strategy to non-design stakeholders; to interpret and translate complex information to teams and individuals; and to report effectively to management
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment collaboratively and in partnership with all functional areas and to direct outside vendors
- Strong project organizational skills required; able to successfully juggle multiple projects and to prioritize tasks
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills; able to predict, identify, and resolve issues in a timely and effective manner
- Able to adapt quickly to new technology, new processes and procedures, and standards in an environment of continuous improvement
- Experience with Adobe Animate
- Working knowledge of Actionscript
1 to 5 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.