The Global Product Management (GPM) Operations & Training team at Cengage Learning plays a critical role in analyzing existing product development processes and skills, identifying efficiencies, proactively recommending new, innovative solutions, and then executing on prioritized opportunities to continually improve product operations. A key part of this execution is the implementation of process, standards, and skills-based training on an ongoing basis. This is a high impact, high visibility team that is tasked with evolving the product development process in a measurable way on a continual basis.
The Specialist, GPM Training will define, own, and lead efforts to establish, implement, refine, and maintain training & assessments around skills and core competencies required for all GPM roles. This includes maintaining an up-to-date inventory of competencies by role, developing a curriculum that maps to all competencies, creating assessments that measure employees on these competencies, as well as reporting out on the state of the workforce & efficacy of the training programs to senior leadership. This role reports directly to the Director, GPM Operations & Training.
This is a full-time, on-site position located in our Boston, MA office.
- Work cross-functionally with GPM leaders and HR to define & document core competencies for all GPM roles
- Develop & maintain a learner-centric competency based training program for new & existing GPM employees
- Liaise with subject matter experts regarding content, learning objectives, & instructional design
- Deliver trainings & support materials tailored to skill development and focus on the outcome of achieving the competencies.
- Provide performance evaluation by clearly measurable standards
- Develop and conduct assessments that align with competencies
- Assess & document achievement of competencies
- Work collaboratively to refine and update competencies and trainings to match evolving needs of organization
- Measure and report on efficacy of trainings as to demonstrate improvement in skills resulting from training program
- Maintain a constant feedback loop Cengage Learning Leadership, primary stakeholders, and participants in the trainings
- Manage training budget
- BA/BS degree
- Proven success at developing and implementing a competency based training program
- Ability to create flexible and measurable assessment program
- Familiar with adult learning principles
- Knowledge of learning management systems
- Experience with Learning Design principles and sourcing content
- Able to self-manage progress against milestones and deliverables with a high degree of accountability and personal urgency
- Familiarity with Lominger Competency Framework
- Experience successfully navigating and driving change in complex organizations
- Sharepoint and/or creation of databases and wikis.
- Digital content development, curation, and management
- Authoring diagnostic assessments
1 to 5 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.