The Cengage Global Product Team is looking for a Curriculum Solutions Designer with a combination of pre-sales business development experience and learning science expertise. In this role, you will work closely with institutional sales partners to drive curriculum partnerships, evaluate curricular requirements of new sales opportunities, and design solutions leveraging content and tools from the Cengage ecosystem that successfully meet the needs of prospective customers. You'll guide hands-on design summits and deep-dive capability demonstrations for the Institutional Product team, and you will deliver limited scope proofs of concepts where appropriate. As a Curriculum Solutions Designer, you will also work with Cengage’s leading-edge content and platforms, including MindTap and Difference Engine. You’ll have a good understanding of various 3rd party LMS platforms, and solid presentation skills.
As a Curriculum Solutions Designer on our team, you will provide exceptional learning design and thought leadership to CL partners, working with a sales and business development team. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the CSD community. You will gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest minds in the Higher Education industry today.
- In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of Cengage Product designed and implemented by our Institutional Product team.
- Be able to effectively and dynamically present our service capabilities to major stakeholders within an institution (Deans, Chancellors, Provosts, etc.).
- As a key member of the Global Product Team, ensure institutional success by leveraging market leading educational content and technology to scope and design the most appropriate solution given customer needs and limitations.
- Build exhaustive knowledge of our internal resources and tools which might be leveraged in custom curriculum design.
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Cengage Curriculum Services and Product, and participate in deep solutions design discussions to ensure solutions are designed for scalable and effective learner experiences.
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many scoping sessions to fully capture a customer’s needs and vision.
- Clearly articulate scope of the project to the Design and Delivery team by development of a detailed Statement of Work.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the CL Curriculum Solutions Architect community
- Build deep relationships with C-Level Executives at institutions, facilitating sustainable relationships for Cengage and finding new opportunities with existing clients for curriculum work.
- Act as a liaison between customers, design and delivery teams and other stakeholders.
- BA or BS degree
- 3 years consultative or solution design experience.
- High technical acumen with knowledge of internal CL Platforms and external Learning Management Systems
- Ability to understand/assimilate customer needs and challenges, industry trends and market dynamics and translate them into solutions and/or product offerings that exceed customer expectations and result in a positive ROI
- Exceptional business acumen and strategic thinking; ability to understand market dynamics/trends that affect the sale of Cengage solutions and services
- Experience with simple financial analysis and modeling
- Strong written and verbal communication, analytical & presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and stakeholders.
- Fundamental understanding of the primary business drivers for Higher Ed institutions and the broader marketplace.
- Master’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, instructional technology, or related discipline.
3 to 5 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.