The Product Manager for the MindTap platform will ensure that new or enhanced platform functionality meets wide-ranging market needs while also being extensible to accommodate individual product needs. MindTap is an award-winning learning tool that combines Cengage’s authoritative digital learning content with educational applications that facilitate instructor personalization and support student learning in an environment designed from the ground up to deliver highly engaging courses. The role includes requirements aggregation, synthesis and prioritization across product teams that will leverage MindTap to deliver their products. Therefore, strong collaboration and constituent management skills are vital.
The Product Manager will be responsible for validating product ideas by conducting market research supported by iterative reviews of plans and work-in-progress with customers and product teams. This individual will develop or already have acquired expertise in the assigned functional area by staying abreast of industry trends, competitor capabilities and new entrants in the educational technology space.
- Manage and execute on the MindTap platform roadmap in close coordination with product teams designing, building and enhancing products delivered on MindTap.
- Responsible for developing measurable acceptance criteria for features, including artifacts and prioritization to support the development process.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of software development projects and accountable to others for maintaining scope and meeting established timelines.
- Serve as an internal and external MindTap evangelist, occasionally working with sales and key customers.
- Ensures that all go-to-market activities are executed according to plan including sales-enablement training, release communications, and product documentation.
- Attends iteration demos, reviews and planning sessions to ensure delivery of key requirements.
- Provides the product, technology, sales and marketing organizations with visibility into the backlog of platform projects and incremental enhancements.
- Develop effective relationships with Product Managers and Software Development Managers to understand, influence and coordinate on projects related to the assigned functional area.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of product management and/or agile development experience.
- Ability to present ideas and plans clearly, and confidently to all levels of management and customers
- Strong collaboration and constituent management skills
- Experience and expertise in digital learning products or comparable.
- In-depth familiarity with Agile software design, development and release practices
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to participate effectively and influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to manage multiple projects during the same time period effectively
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to travel 20% of the time
- Passion for Education and specifically for digital learning products.
- MBA or equivalent experience
3 to 10 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.