Director of Data Analytics & Technology
QuestBridge - Palo Alto, CA - Full time
We’re looking for an energetic, self-starting, innovative individual to lead our Data Analytics & Technology Team, responsible for managing the database system infrastructure, reporting and analytics tools and software, document handling applications, and web applications for internal and external customers.
This full-time position reports directly to the CEO and offers an exceptional opportunity for a talented, mission-driven individual to contribute to the growth of a far-reaching entrepreneurial social venture.
- Work as part of the QuestBridge leadership team to envision and build overall growth strategy for data architecture, engineering, and analytics for the QuestBridge organization
- Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to ensure data influences decisions at all levels of QuestBridge
- Identify, scope, and prioritize projects that improve the operation and analytic rigor of all of our teams at QuestBridge
- Assist Student Relations team in analyzing core recruitment and retention campaigns, providing advanced skills and insights as necessary
- Assist Partner Relations team in analyzing college-related data and providing advanced skills and insights as necessary
- Develop reporting tools, including dashboards and visualizations, to explain business insights for QuestBridge leadership, Board, and staff
- Manage, develop, coach, motivate, energize, and inspire members of the D&T Team
- Promote a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries
- Manage relationships with key third parties (e.g., Technolutions, others)
- BS or MS degree in math/science/engineering
- 8+ years of data analytics-related work experience, including data architecture, database design, data warehousing, and database support tools
- Proficient in R, MS Excel, MS SQL server
- Adept at writing database queries, data manipulation, and data analysis
- Track record of implementing operational excellence (process efficiencies, effective tools and technologies) in an analytics function
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills
- Ability to scope analytical projects and bring them to clear, definitive, and actionable conclusions
- Ability to establish data quality standards and ensure that best practices are continually shared and utilized with pertinent constituencies both inside and outside QuestBridge
- Strong organizational skills and ability to understand and communicate complex processes to non-technical audiences in a straightforward way
- Familiarity with industry standards and emerging trends in data analysis, data mining, data science, machine learning, and algorithms
- Strong written and oral communication skills at a range of technical levels
- Passion for issues in education and access to higher education
- Heightened sensitivity to students from diverse backgrounds and a strong track record of handling sensitive personal information and situations
- Entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic. Energized by working with a revenue-generating social venture
- Strong belief in the goals and mission of QuestBridge
- Deep-seated personal integrity
- Warm, positive personality
- Self-starter, with ability to self-manage and take ownership of work. Exceptional attention to detail and keen sense of accountability
- Team player who enjoys working collaboratively with a small team of colleagues
- Desire to grow and develop professionally. Quick study, independently resourceful
Compensation commensurate with experience and skills; benefits included with full-time employment.
Hours, Duration, & Location of Work
Full-time position. The QuestBridge office is located in Palo Alto. Possibility for remote work, depending on candidate experience and situation.
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title and your name in the subject line, e.g. “Director, Data Analytics & Technology - John Doe".
Thank you for your interest in employment with QuestBridge.
QuestBridge is an equal opportunity employer.
6 to 10 years
QuestBridge is a powerful platform that connects the nation's brightest students from low-income backgrounds with leading institutions of higher education and further opportunities.
We are an aggregator of excellence. Using innovative data methodologies and analytics to facilitate these exchanges, QuestBridge aims to increase the percentage of talented low-income students attending the nation's best universities and joining the ranks of national leadership itself.