Consulting Team Leader
Entangled Solutions - San Francisco, CA - Full time
At Entangled Solutions a Consulting Team Leader has dual roles – project manager and consultant. We are a team of entrepreneurs-at-heart that invest in “full-stack” talent – individuals who have the capacity to help improve every aspect of our (and our clients’) business. You must be able to coordinate multiple teams composed of consultants, designers, and analysts. You’ll be expected to provide clear direction on research and deliverable design, write detailed reports, and interact with high-profile clients. Most importantly, the person who fills this role will need to be comfortable brainstorming and occasionally going toe-to-toe with some of the brightest minds in Higher Education. As this person gains experience driving change in Higher Education, he/she may have the opportunity to incubate and grow his/her own early-stage company within Entangled Ventures, our parent company.
- Recommendation development. Collaborate deeply with Lead Consultants to generate truly innovative concepts for our clients. You will be equal parts consultant and project manager.
- Deliverable development. Oversee the creation of, and produce the written content for, beautiful, high-quality project deliverables (e.g., presentations, reports, strategic plans).
- Project planning. Create well-scoped work plans detailing the end-to-end delivery of projects.
- Research management. Coordinate research and analysis to uncover key trends that will inform our recommendations.
- Internal team management. Manage a distributed team of analysts, designers, writers, and consultants.
- Customer communications. Conduct check-in calls, stakeholder interviews, and occasional campus visits.
Core skill sets
- Consulting. Ability to scope projects accurately, (sometimes) with limited information. Experience conducting in-depth interviews for the purpose of extracting important information. Ability to think both creatively and analytically to develop innovative recommendations in collaboration with a Lead Consultant.
- Project management. Experience delegating research, design, and production tasks to a diverse team of professionals. Highly organized with a commitment to deliver projects on time and on budget. High attention to detail – able to provide feedback on deliverable quality.
- Communication. Proficiency writing clear analysis for reports and presentations. Ability to organize large amounts of information into a compelling narrative structure. Excellent verbal communication skills.
Important skill sets
Education expertise. Familiarity with, and a passion for, Higher Ed innovation. Experience and background in some of the four areas below will be particularly valuable.
- Market research studies
- Strategic communications
- Enrollment marketing
- Program creation
- Design direction. Ability to provide design direction for Entangled Solutions reports, presentations, and other deliverables. Strong copy editing skills for both written and visual deliverables.
- Client management. Ability to manage high-profile relationships (e.g., running 1-1 meetings with college presidents).
This position is based in our San Francisco office (Galvanize SF) with very flexible hours. Although the majority of your time will be in the office, you can work from home, when desired. Expect to travel 1-3 times per quarter for customer meetings. Preferred start date is February 6, 2017 or earlier.
- Competitive salary.
- Performance-based bonus.
- Generous health/dental/vision benefits (100% for employees).
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Gym membership.
3 or more years
Entangled Solutions is a leading innovation agency for education. We develop solutions for academic institutions, philanthropic organizations, and private companies. Our services include program creation, enrollment strategy, outcomes management, go-to-market strategies, market research reports, and nonprofit incubation.
We take the perspective of ‘builders’ rather than ‘consultants.’ We guide our clients toward thoughtful action, and we judge ourselves on whether our recommendations lead to measurable success.
Entangled Solutions was founded in 2015 with a mission to guide the education ecosystem through fundamental changes in our society and economy.