Director of Digital Learning
Achieving the Dream - Silver Spring, MD - Full time
The Director of Digital Learning supports Achieving the Dream’s Teaching & Learning and Data teams by advancing the use of purposeful technology for the improvement of teaching and learning outcomes across the ATD network. The individual serves as the project lead for Achieving the Dream’s initiative to engage ATD colleges in joining Inspark, a global network of educators creating and sharing nextgeneration science courses.
The person selected for this position will work to propagate promising practices in digital learning through partnerships with network colleges and in coordination with other ATD initiatives and stakeholders.
Primary duties include outreach to colleges to inspire interest in digital learning approaches; demonstrations and workshops to educate faculty on the affordances of digital learning practices and tools; management and support of participating colleges; and compiling of progress/compliance reports for investors and other stakeholders.
This position has funding through December 2017. An extension of the term of this role is possible but not guaranteed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage ATD’s Digital Learning Programs (75%)
- Develop and implement strategies for scaling and sustaining the spread of digital learning practices among the ATD network and beyond.
- Promote the awareness, use, adaption and scaling of Inspark smart courses with the goal to improve postsecondary success of low-income students in high-enrollment general education science courses.
- Manage and coordinate the work of the several national partner organizations, including the provision of technical assistance throughout the grant period to ensure strong performance at participating institutions.
- With integrity and consistency, manage and coordinate outreach to interested colleges and state systems, including demonstrations, trainings, workshops and showcases at ATD and other stakeholder events online and in person nationally.
- Manage relationships with software and institutional partners
- Respond to inquiries in an efficient and professional manner
- Synthesize findings, draft reports for investors and ATD leadership, and work with the ATD communications team to share results widely
- Represent ATD at national and regional events to help spread interest and commitment to high quality digital learning in community colleges
- Support fund development and fee for services spin-offs
- Manage Budgets and Oversee Contracts (20%)
- Prepare and monitor subcontract agreements with colleges and state systems
- Manage and monitor expenditures to stay within budget
- Other grant support duties
- Other Duties as Assigned (5%)
- Master’s degree, preferably in field related to education or social sciences required
- Minimum seven years related experience in program and project management
- Thorough understanding of, and experience with, digital teaching and learning practices including experience using technical expertise to solve educational challenges
- Knowledge of best practices and trends in teaching and learning
- Experience working with faculty in teaching and learning in higher education required; community college environment preferred
- Prior experience managing grants and contracts
- Savviness with a wide range of computing operating systems and software applications, including instructional technology tools, learning management systems, and other systems commonly used by higher education institutions; experience with Blackboard desired
- Must be detail-oriented and organized; able to keep track of multiple projects and keep them all moving forward simultaneously
- Ability to work productively in both team and independent settings; prior supervisory experience
- Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional customer service skills and professional demeanor with high emotional intelligence
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined, with capacity to be highly productive working under pressure and within time constraints
- Flexibility and a tolerance for ambiguity; able to manage and champion change effectively
- Commitment to the equity and diversity values and mission of ATD
Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
Reports To: Vice President, Data, Technology and Analytics
Work Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Level of Travel Required: Moderate
October 27, 2016
Achieving the Dream, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
6 or more years
The Achieving the Dream National Reform Network includes over 200 colleges, 15 state policy teams, more than 20 investors, and more than 100 coaches and advisors - working throughout 35 states and the District of Columbia - to help more than 4 million community college students have a better chance of realizing greater economic opportunity and achieving their dreams.