Senior Software Engineer (ASP.Net) - Certica Solutions
Engineering - Startup - Full time - Austin, TX
Certica Solutions provides performance management solutions to K-12 schools, districts and educational service agencies, giving administrators and educators the ability to easily analyze, track and improve performance through better use of student, school and teacher data. Founded in 2001 as a consulting firm serving the U.S. Department of Education, Certica now counts among its SaaS application users over 600 districts, charter networks, charter schools and private schools, as well as a number of educational service agencies nationwide.
Certica Solutions, based in Wakefield, Massachusetts, established an office in Austin, Texas in 2012 as part of its expansion strategy, with a primary focus on client services and product development functions.
The Senior Software Engineer position will report to the Chief Technology Officer, and be located in the Austin, Texas area, at Certica’s newest office location.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design and develop significant enhancements to the core technologies and user experience of our applications;
- Contribute positively to the further expansion of the core product to meet the rapidly changing demands in the educational marketplace;
- Provide constructive input into the lifecycle and future of the product line;
- Participate in all aspects of the product including design, development, deployment and maintenance;
- Interface with other teams, such as client services, product management, and quality assurance.
- 7+ years in web application development;
- Knowledge in object oriented development principles, multi-tier web application design and relational database principles;
- Proven skills in UI design and a strong user experience background is highly desirable;
- Experience in dynamic reporting;
- Experience designing and implementing dynamic, personalized, database-driven, large-scale, high-volume commercial web sites;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal, motivational, and facilitation skills;
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer technology discipline;
- Must independently keep abreast of state-of-the-art software development technologies and methodologies;
- Team player with strong inter-personal, written and oral communication skills;
- Self-motivated individual with strong initiative and sense of ownership;
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines;
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience;
- Excellent benefits package.