Central Initiatives Coordinator
New Classrooms - New York, NY - Full time
About the Role
The Central Initiatives Coordinator will play a key role in ensuring the Program and People & Administration Wings function effectively and efficiently, most directly by providing administrative support to the Chief Program Officer. This role will report to the Senior Director of Central Initiatives, but work across departments as required to ensure a smooth flow of work against the highest priority areas of support.
The Central Initiatives Coordinator will make an impactful contribution to the team by understanding critical priorities and ensuring they get the necessary attention, participating on key projects, and communicating regularly with the Senior Director of Central Initiatives, especially to coordinate co-founder schedules and priorities. This role provides an opportunity for someone early in their career to have wide exposure to the variety of priorities and objectives the senior leader of a fast paced social enterprise has to manage.
- -You have a desire to cultivate your skills to become an effective Project Manager
- -You have strong organizational and information management skills, great attention to detail, and will be execution oriented
- -You have a customer service attitude
- -You enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment, but can also be self-directed and effectively prioritize your work to meet deadlines
- -You are highly organized and also flexible, able to adapt to a rapidly changing set of priorities
- -You are proactive at identifying problem areas and bringing multiple creative solutions to the table
- -You have a strong interest in education technology or education reform
- -You enjoy working in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment, jumping in and doing whatever it take to meet deadlines and goals
- -You are not worried about how things have been done in the past, but are constantly thinking about new ways to make work more efficient and take work off of the team member you support
What You Would Do
- -Manage the Chief Program Officer’s calendar by understanding scheduling priorities, setting up necessary meetings, protecting priority time, and adjusting as necessary
- -Book travel, manage expense reimbursements, and complete the CPO’s bi-monthly timesheet
- -Provide support for scheduled meetings as required
- -Work with Project Managers to drive drive forward key cross functional projects
- -Support key organizational events as required
- -Project manage central initiatives as assigned
- -Provide data entry support as required
- -Work with the Director of Central Initiatives to improve processes and draft relevant internal communications
What We Are Looking For
- -Bachelor’s degree required
- -Strong organizational skills and highly attuned to details
- -Familiarity with Google suite of work tools, particularly Calendar
- -Effective, compelling communication skills – written and verbal (work product samples required)
- -Comfortable creating trackers and dashboards in Excel (work product samples required)
- -Ability to work effectively with diverse team members
- -Ability to problem solve and prioritize, especially when dealing with conflicting priorities
Commensurate with experience.
Please submit both your cover letter and resume online.
Job descriptions provide an overview of the position, but are not designed to dictate responsibilities. Every member of the New Classrooms team is prepared to carry out any task regardless of title or department in order to fulfill the organization's mission.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
less than 1 year
About New Classrooms
New Classrooms is a nonprofit organization that leverages classroom design, teacher talent, and technology to enable personalized learning for more than 13,000 students in 40 pioneering schools in 10 states and Washington D.C. this fall. New Classrooms' first-of-its-kind technology draws from tens of thousands of high quality lessons to create a customized and dynamic curriculum for each student each day. Our flagship instructional model, Teach to One, integrates large group, small group, and individual instruction in ways that enable students to not just learn skills but apply them in real world contexts.
Teach to One grew out of a New York City pilot program called School of One, which TIME magazine named one of the best inventions of 2009. Visitwww.newclassrooms.org to learn more about our efforts to unleash a wave of innovation in K-12 education that will dramatically improve outcomes for all students.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization. Our team includes a dynamic mix of education policy experts, passionate academics, technology junkies, and business entrepreneurs. We all share a strong belief in every child and a deep-seated interest in improving our schools, solving problems in innovative ways, and getting things done in a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment.