Reporting To: Executive Director, Industry & Education Partnerships
Job Location: Based commutable to U.S. Corporate Headquarters – Austin, TX. Telecommuting included.
Role Brief: We are looking for a talented, motivated, and proven Inside Sales Account Manager that thrives in an entrepreneurial organization. This successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable with prospecting (via email, phone, messaging), current customer renewals, working with channel partners, CRM management/reporting (Salesforce.com), and ultimately closing sales.
- Drive revenue by lead generation, soliciting and obtaining orders, understanding and interpreting technical requirements, providing technical information, and developing accounts.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound communication
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure.
- Close sales and over achieve quarterly quotas
- Perform effective online demos to prospects
- Team with channel partners to build funnel/pipeline and close deals.
- Fulfill orders by transferring orders to fulfillment; communicating expected delivery date; explaining stock-outs.
- Conduct Post Sale Follow Up (i.e. - call/email customer to ensure welcome letter and contract start date are correct)
- Complete and maintain accurate sales forecasts, data gathering and reports for Business Managers
- Perform reporting functions on an ongoing and timely basis including Quotes, Bookings and Renewals
- Manage sales funnel development by entering and update all customer Opportunities and Leads in Salesforce.com.
- Develop accounts by checking customer's buying history; suggesting related and new items; explaining technical features. Critical success metric will be renewals of annual licenses.
- Maintains and improves quality results by following standards; recommending improved policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities.
- Assist in completing sales projects including proposals and marketing
- Collecting and reporting post sales customer information
- Work closely with the internal team members (Sales & Partnerships, Customer Engagement, Marketing) to insure high customer satisfaction.
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in lead nurturing, lead generation, and appointment setting
- Understanding of the sales cycle, with the ability to close smaller deals
- Must be adaptable, professional, courteous and motivated, and must work well individually or as a member of a team
- Strong Internet research skills required
- Excellent presentation skills, verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Salesforce.com
- Travel in support of sales or training meetings, customer site visits, and/or trade shows (not to exceed 25%).
- Proven inside sales experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Highly proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Working Hours: Must be flexible and have ability to work hours as dictated by sales objectives and goals; and may vary. Occasional evening and weekend work depending on business or customer requirements.
Compensation and measures of performance:
- Annual base salary
- Bonus (including profit sharing) based on department and company performance
- Employee benefits/vacation
3 to 5 years
Nepris bridges the gap between industry and schools to inspire and empower students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). Through our SaaS platform; students interact with engineers and scientists from around the world, and find real world relevance to their classroom learning. Industry engagement becomes part of the everyday classroom; and seamless connections are made between curriculum, industry expertise, and classroom needs. Participating companies and their employees achieve their education outreach goals, boost their brand among the students, and inspire the next generation of workers.