Content Manager Mathematics
sofatutor GmbH - Berlin, Germany - Full time
This position is a great opportunity for a Math teacher who is passionate about digital technologies and the great possibilities of online education. In our office in Berlin, you will work with sofatutor’s international writers, editors and video animators.
You will be responsible to ensure all English learning content in Mathematics that is published on our platform is correct, well-worded and appropriate for High School students in the US. We will also need you to evaluate and proofread content which has been submitted by content writers, who work remotely from all over the world. Your responsibilities in detail will be to:
- Develop and design new learning content in Mathematics
- Work collaboratively with our marketing, product and platform development teams
- Review content for completeness, accuracy and adherence to specifications
- Project management and controlling
- Manage and feedback remote freelance content writers
We are seeking applications from recent graduates or teachers who have proven experience with teaching within the American school system. You need to have a very good understanding of Math didactics. Ideally, you are a native speaker of English (AmE) and have worked within or a great interest in educational technology. An ideal candidate would have:
- Finished a teaching degree in Mathematics (Bachelor’s or Master’s)
- Teaching experience in an American High School
- Experience with curriculum and content development for educational technology
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines
- Impeccable English on a native speaker’s level; basic German skills
- Willingness to re-locate to Berlin, Germany.
When you join our team from day one you will take responsibility for your own projects. You will learn all about how to assess our video content and the interactive exercises from our team of experts at sofatutor.com. You will get the great opportunity to share your ideas and collaborate with our international network of Math teachers. And, of course, you will also be able to benefit from our great team activities and events. You will find:
- Assistance with work visa application and re-location to Germany
- Innovative, exciting projects that motivate and challenge you again and again.
- Professional exchange with a highly specialized team that always has an open ear for your questions.
- A good work-life balance with flexible working hours.
If you are just as excited about digital education as we are and you think this sounds like a project you would like to be part of in 2017, just send us an email with your CV and a brief cover letter addressed to Claudia Wolf at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application.
less than 1 year
Based in Berlin, sofatutor.com is a leading EdTech company in Germany. The platform offers a one-of-a-kind combination of 13,000 video lessons, 30,000 practice problems and a live Homework Chat for students requiring additional support. At present, over a million students across three European countries use our platform to improve their academic achievement. Thanks to our broad network of educators and teachers, we have build great expertise in the production of online tutorials, video lectures and interactive learning exercises. As a next step, we are reaching out to make sofatutor.com an equally successful go-to platform for K-12 students in the US.