Online ESL teacher
twosigmas - Remote - Part time
- Teaching 1-on-1 online English language classes to young learners in China.
- Working to a course based on American elementary school curricula.
- Teaching at least 15 classes per week - 7.5 hours minimum in total, up to 30 hours if desired
- Up to $22/hour based on experience
- The comfort of working from home
- The convenience of controlling your own schedule
- Competitive salary with a system to reward outstanding teachers
- Ongoing paid training and professional development
- A stimulating environment with engaging content that rewards curiosity, critical thinking, and creativity
- Native English speaking ability with neutral North American accent,
- Experience teaching English,
- Experience working with children between the ages of 5-12,
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Education, Linguistics, Languages)
- A genuine love of learning and teaching,
- A quiet and professional-looking space,
- A fast Internet connection, audio/video capability,
- ESL teaching experience with young people,
- Current teaching certification.
Any experience level
We are twosigmas, an online tutoring company working closely with elementary schools in China. We want to bring the best of American education to the growing Chinese market.
We use a customisable education technology solution that we've designed in-house. We want to make sure every student gets the best education possible. That means giving more people access to one-to-one face-to-face teaching via live videochat.
We started out of Cambridge, UK, with the idea to connect high quality tutors with students all over the world, via both online and offline methods. We want to take the best of private tutoring, update it with the latest technology, and bring it to every country on Earth.
Our recruitment process is always the same:
- We will screen your resume and may ask for more details.
- If it passes our screening, we will send it on to our partners in China. We will notify you when we do this.
- The partner school will screen it again and, if it passes their screening, invite you to interview.
- After successfully completing the interview, you will be made an offer. A contract will be sent to you at this time to review.