POSITION: Campus Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Principal
- Full-time Hourly
- Immediate Opening (school year based position)
- School Leaders
LOCATION: San Jose, CA
A campus supervisor promotes and maintains safety on campus. Campus supervisor will serve as an intervention coordinator for supporting student behavior growth, support students behavioral challenges, and communicate with families about behavior challenges and growth. A successful candidate will have the ability to command respect and work with students in a positive manner. Each staff member serves as a role model for our students in how to conduct themselves as respectful and responsible young adults. Finally, Alpha staff hold a deep belief that all students can succeed in college, and that it is the responsibility of staff to ensure that success.
- Maintain a safe and orderly environment in the non classroom areas of the high school, parking lot and grounds
- Enforce all school rules with students and staff
- Manage office referral duty and facilitate mediation meetings with students, as needed
- Support Restorative justice practices (circles and conflict mediation)
- Monitors restrooms throughout the day
- Ensure a smooth traffic flow of students through the hallways, assisting students with on-time arrival to class and to assigned locations
- Assist with supervision in the breakfast and lunch periods
- Remove disruptive students from classes when needed
- Monitor the physical safety of campus buildings by locking and unlocking doors
- Keep unwanted visitors out of the building and off the grounds
- Assist visitors with directions and secure proper identification
- Enforce traffic and parking on campus during arrival and dismissal, as needed
- Help coordinate emergency plans and in emergency situations, respond to the scene, provide first aid, and alert additional police or emergency personnel as appropriate
- Assist the professional staff, police, and emergency personnel in handling emergencies or disruptive situations.
- Write and submit incident reports to school leaders as appropriate
- Serve as crowd control at special school events
- Support the school leadership team with organizing and managing weekly Rally
- Organize, manage, and account for detention system
- Account for tardy and attendance contract students
- Fulfill other duties or other assignments as needed in order to best serve our students
DRIVEN: Alpha staff members have a sustained commitment to the school and workplace that demonstrates persistence and drive to complete a job.
ENTREPRENEURIAL: Alpha staff members demonstrate risk taking, innovation, self-confidence, and the ability to push oneself beyond one’s comfort zone.
RELATIONSHIP BUILDER: Alpha staff members demonstrate how they have leveraged relationships to improve outcomes for students and will develop strong relationships with Alpha students, families, and staff
FLEXIBLE: Alpha staff members adapt to meet the needs of the organization and a startup work environment
- High school diploma or GED, required
- CPR and First Aid Certification, highly prefered
- Fluent in Spanish, highly prefered
- 5+ years of work experience
- Stellar interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence"
Apply to work at Alpha:
Please submit your application online
Note that in our fast-growing organization, specific functional responsibilities of the role may change depending on staff capacity and organizational need.
Incomplete applications or those with errors will not be considered. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.