School Operations & Technology Associate - Northern, NJ (Part Time)
New Classrooms - Passaic, NJ - Part time
About the Role
The Operations & Technology Associate (OTA) is a contracted position supporting New Classrooms’ programs for the 2016-2017 school year and is responsible for providing on-site operations, technology, and help desk support in New Classrooms partner schools in the Northern Jersey area.
Successful OTAs have a strong interest in working in schools with the ability to create easily maintained and well organized systems and establish a customer-focused issue management system to ensure daily program operations at the school run smoothly. A strong candidate will have exceptional communication and organizational skills, be able to handle multiple work streams at once, be detailed oriented, be comfortable working with technology, and be self-motivated.
What You Would Do
- Create and maintain a management system that streamlines the distribution of all daily lessons and materials for students and teachers
- Partner with the school’s technology director to create and maintain a management system for hardware accountability, and security and readiness, including student and teacher computer assignments
- Provide both onsite and remote technology and help desk support to students and staff in schools
- Build school-based staff capacity by investigating, troubleshooting, training and preparing staff to resolve on-site issues
- Collaborate with New Classrooms central operations team to track operational and technology related issues and resolutions; manage communication flow with relevant school staff
- Support the Site Operations Manager on school-based communications coordinate implementation of new program features with the school staff, and other tech and operational projects as they arise
- Assist with program readiness and general operations, such as rostering, space management, and grading support
- Partner with the district IT department to address issues related to wireless and bandwidth in a timely manner
- Support the coordination and administration of school-based assessments
- Additional responsibilities may include travel between multiple school sites
What We Are Looking For
- Demonstrated interest or experience in being part of a school community, and/or educational setting
- Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and operates with purpose, urgency, and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working in highly collaborative environments preferred
- Ability to multi-task by balancing competing needs and priorities
- Ability to create effective processes and procedures for students and teachers to use
- Tech savvy and comfortable doing basic troubleshooting a Windows/PC environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work from the hours 7:00 am - 11:00 am
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
Competitive for like size non-profits, depending on experience
Please submit both your cover letter and resume via our online application system. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
less than 1 year
About New Classrooms
New Classrooms is a nonprofit organization that leverages classroom design, teacher talent, and technology to enable personalized learning for more than 13,000 students in 40 pioneering schools in 10 states. New Classrooms' first-of-its-kind technology draws from tens of thousands of high quality lessons to create a customized and dynamic curriculum for each student each day. Our flagship instructional model, Teach to One, integrates large group, small group, and individual instruction in ways that enable students to not just learn skills but apply them in real world contexts.
Teach to One grew out of a New York City pilot program called School of One, which TIME magazine named one of the best inventions of 2009. Visit www.newclassrooms.org to learn more about our efforts to unleash a wave of innovation in K-12 education that will dramatically improve outcomes for all students.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that continually looks to match our team members with roles that fit their strengths and interests. We look to bring on new team members who share a deep-seated interest in improving our nation’s schools, solving problems in innovative ways, getting things done in a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment, and growing professionally.