As the Senior Educational Content Specialist, you will work with the director of content development, third-party vendors, and individual freelancers to create engaging high-quality content that drives our mission of helping students and educators to master their classes. You will have an entrepreneurial mindset as we build and grow our team and will be pivotal in sourcing content experts. You will also manage and train other ECSs and work closely with the Editorial Project Manager to manage to all schedules.
Ultimately, you’ll join as the third member of a growing Content Development team and be instrumental in driving Course Hero's content creation strategy and expansion. You can check out some of the awesome work our team has already done, with our Course Hero Infographics.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- You'll manage and train Educational Content Specialists.
- You'll review and oversee the development of educational content to ensure it meets strict quality guidelines, and is completed on time and on budget.
- You'll recruit and train freelancers (SMEs, editors, copy editors, etc) to create and review educational content.
- You'll conduct and analyze research for new and high-priority content projects/subjects.
- You'll oversee specs and guidelines for projects.
Are you our Star Senior Educational Content Specialist?
- You've earned a BA/BS Degree.
- You've gained 5+ years of educational publishing experience.
- You've demonstrated managerial and mentorship skills in your career.
- You have Superior time-management and prioritization abilities, specifically the ability to simultaneously manage several projects and work under multiple deadlines.
- You're unparalleled in your written and verbal communication skills.
- You have expertise in Chicago Manual of Style.
- You thrive in working in a collaborative environment - but you are also self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- You posses a keen eye for detail and broad interests and knowledge in a diversity of academic subjects.
- You have strong connections and/or a network of potential freelancers.
- You have experience working with third-party vendors.
- You have experience working in a start-up environment.
- If you've earned an MA Degree, that's preferred.
- You've gained experience with editorial software tools.
- You have expertise in Business, Economics, or STEM.
What We Offer You:
- Industry competitive salary and stock options
- Full coverage (medical, dental, vision, and life)
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future
- Educational assistance program to support lifelong learning
- Commuter benefits, cell-phone allowance, and a free gym membership
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Free Monday and Friday lunches, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space
6 or more years
Course Hero is a fast-growing education technology company, building the world’s largest platform of crowd-sourced learning materials and making education more accessible. Technology is revolutionizing the way we learn, and we’re committed to helping our users share and access the great academic content that they need to master their classes. This includes anything from study guides, test prep, on-demand tutors, homework help, flashcards, videos, and more.
Our company culture is very open, flat, and collaborative. On our team, we’re problem solvers, we think like owners, and we embrace a growth mindset in our efforts to continually better our product. We’re growing fast, we’re profitable, and we’re looking for new team members to help us plot our course towards future success!
Course Hero has received a Top Workplace Award from Bay Area News Group for the second year in a row!