Sales Development Representative - West
Turnitin - Oakland, CA - Full time
Turnitin is revolutionizing the experience of writing to learn. We help students treat writing as a process, not an event; provide instructors great tools to engage students through feedback; and deliver the insights needed to help students succeed. We currently serve over 25 million students and close to 2 million instructors in 15,000 institutions around the world. Headquartered in the Bay Area and growing globally, we are expanding our North America sales team.
We are searching for people who demonstrate a passion for education and technology, are collaborative and entrepreneurial in spirit, and who can contribute to our continuing success and growth. In return, Turnitin offers a great benefits package and provides challenging and inspiring work.
This position will be based in one of our U.S. offices in Oakland, CA, Austin, TX or Pittsburgh, PA only.
As the Turnitin Sales organization shifts to better reach new customers and engage more meaningfully with current customers, we’ve identified a need for a sales development role to support our sales teams. This position will both qualify in-bound sales leads, and actively prospect into new school districts and higher ed institutions where Turnitin’s products and services can be of benefit. This role is important for increasing the effectiveness and success of the Sales team.
Under the leadership of the Manager of Sales Enablement and Operations, you will qualify incoming leads for follow up by field and inside sales staff in a lead development role, and you will also actively prospect into territories as directed to generate new leads. This is a revenue generating position where you will share in the success of new customer acquisitions through earned commission.
- Follow up on all assigned incoming leads for qualification and nurturing
- Create campaigns and actively prospect into territories as directed to generate new leads
- Become well-versed in the company’s products and services as well as the latest offerings, upcoming trainings and events, and other customer-facing opportunities and effectively communicate Turnitin’s products and services to prospective customers and final decision makers
- Manage detailed prospect and customer account lists; log/track progress of leads using both marketing and sales automation tools (Pardot/Salesforce.com)
- Schedule appointments and generate revenue opportunities by contacting current or prospective customers
- Analyze needs and interests of potential customers to determine the appropriate products and present qualified leads to outside sales representatives
- Execute call plans using a variety of communication channels including social media, email and phone
- Manage/report success on real measures of engagement with clients and prospects
- Project Turnitin’s core values to customers and the community
- Develop personally and professionally through technical, competitive and sales skills knowledge
- Establish deep, cross-functional partnerships with Turnitin’s functions (including Sales, Product Management, Training, Engineering and Marketing) to establish alignment and buy-in on customer success related initiatives
- 5+ years sales, or lead generation and development experience; education technology experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex concepts clearly and have unstructured conversations without a script
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can manage a variety of contacts systematically, qualifying them while building a greater understanding of the customer
- Keen ability to maneuver past gatekeepers and move from influencers to decision makers
- Ability to travel outside of geographical territory for purposes of attending conferences, training sessions and/or area meetings
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status, domestic partner status, AIDS or HIV status, height, weight, or association with members of a protected class.
6 to 10 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.