Consultant, Academic Performance Solutions
Advisory Board Company - Washington, DC - Full time
The Role in Brief:
Academic Performance Solutions (APS) is a newly launched and fast growing service within the Education Advisory Board that helps member universities improve efficiency, optimize resource allocation, and capitalize on new growth opportunities across the academic enterprise. We are seeking an individual to lead APS member engagements, socializing senior teams to the new service, driving adoption, and creating a continuous improvement process to help campus leaders achieve their goals.
The ideal candidate will bring extensive higher education and/or consulting experience with a proven track record of managing change in complex organizations. This individual will work closely with early APS members to create and execute a delivery model and approach that drives year-over-year results and can be scaled cost-effectively across a growing membership base. Internally, the Consultant will collaborate with the APS data analytics team to ensure our analyses and reports align with member needs. Further, this individual will advise APS product development on future product and service enhancements.
This opportunity is based in Washington D.C.
- Design and manage a world-class, end-to-end, scalable consulting experience for APS members, from senior leadership onboarding, to building relationships with IR, academic finance and associate deans
-Serve as point-of-contact for senior project sponsors (president, provost, CBO) to define change management objectives and develop measurable execution roadmaps
-Conduct thorough audits of existing academic planning processes, faculty incentives, and data-capture gaps to identify missed opportunities for decision-support improvement
-Develop and execute benefits-capture action plans with university project leads (Associate Deans, AVPs of Academic Planning, IR/BI) aligned with identified opportunities and institutional performance goals (revenue growth, student success, cost management, etc)
-Deliver on-site presentations and facilitated working sessions with senior academic and business leadership presenting findings and developing ongoing continuous improvement targets
-Assist and advise product management in APS roadmap, including development of desktop analytics UX and integration of new data sets like space, research productivity
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of consulting or related experience, preferably in higher education
- Experience managing complex projects and executive level relationships
- Experience facilitating and managing organizational change
- Willingness to travel 30%
- Valid driver's license
- Master's degree or MBA
- Deep knowledge of the academy, in particular undergraduate programming and academic advising
- Consulting experience in the areas of enrollment management and student retention
- Proven ability to drive change and achieve results in an academic setting
- Experience working with student information systems and student data
About Education Advisory Board
EAB is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,100+ educational institutions.
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.eab.com.
We are a workplace that... Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
Our Culture & Values:
We think Forbes said it best: “Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about.” We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community.
We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm – at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
1 or more years
EAB is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,100+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C.,
EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value.