The executive director of sales and business development position is responsible for establishing the revenue targets to meet the company objectives and for developing strategic revenue plans based on company goals that will promote revenue growth and customer satisfaction for both the non-profit and for-profit organization (Roadtrip Productions and Roadtripnation.org). Serve as a trusted advisor and counsel to Founders to ensure the success and efficacy of RTN.
The management responsibilities of this role includes managing a talented team to enable the effective execution against Roadtrip Nation business strategies and initiatives. This role will provide leadership to the business development, sales, account management and implementation, external communications, and events teams. Provide effective leadership through strong motivation, empowerment and direction that fosters a challenging, yet results-oriented, rewarding environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design and implement a comprehensive sales and business development strategy in support of RTN strategy and objectives.
- Direct implementation and execution of business development and strategic partnerships policies and practices.
- Ensure communications are coordinated, supports revenue plan objectives and meets organizational expenditure requirements.
- Recommend sales and business development strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Manage multiple channel selling strategies.
- Develop and manage business development and fundraising team capable of carrying out needed revenue goals and service initiatives
- Collaborate with Director of Partnership Programs and Education Program Manager to ensure proper support, execution, and renewals of partnerships and contracts.
- Review and analyze processes, both within department and across the organization, and make recommendations for improvements that will continue to drive RTN more efficiently and increase profit margin
- Direct business development forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Prepare periodic revenue report showing volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Review and analyze sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Direct market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing territories, quotas, and goals.
- Plan and oversee potential advertising and promotion activities.
- Recommend and collaborate with the Executive Director of Product, on product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establish and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Establish and maintains a consistent brand image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 am- 6 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- This position may require travel up to 10% of the time, with overnight stays as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or other related field
- 10+ years of sales management or business development experience building and managing a team, sales processes, sales infrastructure, and knowledge of strategic partnerships within a B2B environment
- 7+ years of managing an implementation and execution teams that are responsible for renewals
- Creating pipeline management systems and analyzing conversion metrics in order to optimize business development resources
- Proven successful ability to meet and exceed business development goals
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- 7+ years of experience within higher ed sales
- Experience managing external communications (PR)
- Experience managing marketing events and conferences
- Experience with fundraising, grants and proposals
3 to 10 years
About Roadtrip Nation
70% of Americans are unhappy with their work, and Roadtrip Nation has charged itself with finding a solution. You could call us a career exploration organization, but we do things a little differently. We don’t just tell people what they should do; we help them find what they love to do—and we do it through travel and storytelling. (Hence those green RVs you see splashed on our website that maaaaybe made you think we sell recreational vehicles.)
From our TV show that reaches 70 million households annually, to our educational tools that’ve helped 8 million students learn more about themselves and the world, we create products that empower people to get more out of work than just a paycheck.
On a typical day, you can find us mid-brainstorm scrawling (sometimes incoherent) ideas on white boards, or huddling around a Photoshop file oohing and ahhing. Of course, there's always time for fun. From hitting the beach at lunch to emailing each other important info in the form of memes, we know play isn’t just a distraction—it’s an imperative.
If you think you’d fit in well with us, we’d love to meet you!