Reporting to the Director of eCampus Learning and Instructional Design, this key position promotes online student success and retention across fully online courses and programs. This person is responsible for managing educational research related to online course improvement projects, and the planning and deployment of adoption/change management strategies to ensure the successful implementation of learning analytics and other educational technologies/innovations within fully online courses and programs. This position will also build actionable dashboards and analytics processes to support online student success and retention, as well as to leverage educational research and technologies to enable and improve online teaching and learning.
Minimum Qualification (Including Certificates and Licenses)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant field; Master's degree or Doctorate strongly preferred
- 5 years combined experience/competence in:
- Developing/analyzing data across multiple data sets; use data science methods to identify, extract, clean, analyze, & present; create learning analytics dashboards and reports, preferably in higher education setting
- Thorough understanding of/experience in conducting educational research and applying statistical data analysis methods
- Planning and applying change management/adoption strategies to ensure the effective implementation of emerging/instructional technology initiatives
- Knowledge and application of instructional design and/or curriculum development, preferably for online courses/programs
- 1 year experience supervising/leading project teams/staff with a proven track record setting and meeting deadlines and benchmarks in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient experience with:
- Data analysis software (SAS, SPSS, R, Nvivo, Stata)
- Advanced statistical techniques (multivariate analysis, time-series analysis, machine learning)
- Solid relational databases skills; ability to navigate/extract data & read/write SQL code
- Data visualization software
- MS Office, LMS (preferably Blackboard), Web conferencing
- Doctorate or master’s degree in educational technology, instructional design, adult learning, educational data sciences, or related field from an accredited college/university
- 2 years or more experience supervising & leading project teams/staff
Hiring salary range: $66,100-$76,000 based on experience. Boise State offers an excellent benefits package to eligible employees. Complete applications received by October 6, 2016, will receive full consideration. Applications received after October 6, 2016, may be considered if the position is not filled from the initial applicant pool.
Application must include:
- Cover letter explaining how background/philosophy aligns with position requirements & responsibilities
- Resume with education & professional experience, include employment dates/responsibilities
- 3 professional reference names, contact & work relationships
- Educational transcript copies
- Work examples of:
- 3 or more research/data analysis samples and/or published works
6 or more years
The students, faculty and staff at Boise State University are known for their grit and ambition. While we may be most famous for our iconic Blue Turf, we have built a metropolitan research university of distinction in the Northwest, with our faculty and student researchers working to answer some of the most intriguing questions facing us today.