The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing throughout the product lifecycle of assigned career and technical education products.Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing for Math, Science, and Career and Technical Education Programs, the Product Marketing Manager develops and executes the product and marketing strategy for Cengage Learning programs in the Computing, Business, Health Care, Agriculture, and Technical Trade markets. The Product Marketing Manager is expected to have a comprehensive understanding of the content and strategies of the Cengage Learning career and technical education products for which s/he is responsible, as well as knowledge of current curricular trends and marketing practices.
- Provides the market voice and perspective throughout the development process on programs with significant school market presence. Works with product developers in shaping new products and developing appropriate pricing and delivery to the market.
- Manages the effective launch of new product including the training of sales representatives, the development of tactical marketing plans and sales strategies, and the creation of sales tools and communication elements.
- Develops seasonal marketing, positioning, and promotional plans for assigned product lines including product features, advantages, and benefits summaries; targeted market segment identification and associated sales stories; sales presentation slides and scripts; competitive analyses; and sampling and promotional materials.
- Works with Regional Sales Directors, sales representatives and consultants to shape messaging and materials to maximize localized sales opportunities including state adoption campaigns. Creates and delivers professional and product sales presentations at state/local level, conferences, exhibits, and conventions, when appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of five years experience in product marketing or consultative selling preferably in educational marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Computer literate and proficient in using word processing, spreadsheet, presentation software
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Communications, or Marketing
- Experience in educational publishing
- Demonstrated success in teaching and/or launching and selling a product
3 to 10 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.