The Director of Marketing will work in partnership with the Senior Director of Marketing and Recruitment and Recruitment Team to develop and execute on the marketing strategy and plan needed to build a dedicated and energetic cohort of 1000 partner schools for 2017-2018.
This position calls for a passionate and experienced professional to build scalable marketing engines across channels to build awareness, preference and consideration for our Summit Basecamp program and Summit Personalized Learning Platform. This would be an ideal position for an individual aiming to apply their leadership and marketing skills to their passion for serving youth and education.
We are looking for a self-starter who isn't afraid to take initiative and dive deeply into a new role and build new systems and a team for a newly formed program. This position requires a team-oriented energetic professional who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and with a strong willingness and desire to learn.
The Director of Marketing will lead a small team to create demand for Summit Personalized Learning by developing and executing integrated digital campaigns include ongoing social media activation, website content and digital advertising; developing and executing on a content calendar to capture and amplify stories and proof points; supporting our events with branding, marketing materials and presentations; developing marketing toolkits to enable our team and partners to support recruitment efforts through their networks and at events and representing Summit at key events and with key stakeholders.
Who we are:
Summit Basecamp is a free program that provides teachers and schools across the U.S. with the resources they need to bring personalized learning into the classroom. This year, Summit Public Schools worked with 19 schools across the country. Through Summit’s support and resources, and Facebook’s engineering expertise, this community of partner schools is exploring personalized learning and is adapting it to meet the specific needs of their individual school communities. As part of Summit Basecamp,the teams are also using the Personalized Learning Plan (PLP) tool as the backbone to their student’s experience.
Starting in June of 2016, we will welcome over 100 schools for the second cohort of Basecamp! If you’re interested in learning more, visit summitbasecamp.org or read our mid-year progress report. And, check out this article about the district and charter collaboration fostered by Summit Basecamp!
Summit Public Schools is a leading charter management organization serving diverse communities in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State with currently 10 schools serving over 2,400 students. Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university and to leverage our work to have a broader impact on public education in America. We seek phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children's lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education. If you're excited by the prospect of transformative growth for yourself, as well as the students, schools, and communities we serve, Summit may be the place for you!
- 99 percent of Summit students have been accepted to one or more four-year colleges, and its graduates are completing college at double the national average
- Fast Company named Summit Public Schools atop 10 most innovative organization in education
- Our two flagship schools, Summit Prep and Everest, are named among US News & World Report's Best High Schools of 2015, and also ranked among America's Most Challenging High Schools by the Washington Post
Summary of Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Director to Customer Experiences, develop the strategy, work plan and execute on recruiting 1000 schools to join our next Basecamp cohort
- Create teacher and school demand for Summit Personalized Learning throughout the country by
- Developing and executing integrated digital campaigns include ongoing social media activation, website content and digital advertising
- Developing and executing on a content calendar to capture and amplify stories and proof points on an ongoing basis
- Developing messaging and content, including analyzing data, proof points and stories to turn them into compelling videos, infographics and other materials
- Supporting our events with branding, marketing materials and presentations
- Developing marketing toolkits to enable our team and partners to support recruitment efforts through their networks and at events
- Ensuring the development of a scalable lead capture process utilizing Salesforce.
- Represent Summit Personalized Learning and Summit Basecamp in a variety of public settings and with key stakeholders
- Manage the lead generation pipeline including the CRM strategy to ensure high yield of conversion for Summit Basecamp
- Work to develop scalable operations and infrastructure for marketing and recruitment
- Ensure that every potential applicant has an excellent experience
- Lead and manage a small team with 1-2 direct reports
- Work collaboratively with key partners to develop and implement marketing strategies
Key Qualities and Skills:
- The fundamental belief that all children can succeed in college and life
- Deep commitment to continuous improvement
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to develop and execute marketing strategies at scale, including expertise in digital/social
- Strong management skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop and collaborate with a diverse group of leaders, teachers and faculty members
- Expertise in data-driven decision making
- Ability to focus on outcomes and think broadly and precisely about how to build and adjust operational structures to meet desired outcomes
- Ability to build and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders, including teachers, school leaders, district leaders, thought leaders and connectors in the K-12
- Ability to provide honest, actionable and timely feedback that results in improved performance
- Self starter who takes initiative to solve problems
- Strong analytic skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- BA or BS Degree, MBA a plus
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in a marketing. Experience in education a plus.
- Deep knowledge and passion for the needs of public schools and their students
- Demonstrated understanding of the educational technology
- Prior experience leading a team
- Ability to define, develop, assess and refine based on feedback and lead scalable programs in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to work well within and represent the organization
- Strong analytical skills with an orientation for making data driven decisions.
- Proven ability to influence others without having positional authority
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Passion for spending time with partners in education, truly listening to them, understanding their challenges, and arriving at marketing messages and plans that will work
- Demonstrates flexibility, tenacity, resourcefulness, humility, and a growth mindset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, Salesforce a plus
6 or more years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.