Turnitin is revolutionizing the experience of writing to learn. Turnitin’s formative feedback and originality checking services promote critical thinking, ensure academic integrity and help students improve their writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalized feedback, and assess student progress over time. Turnitin's applications are used by more than 30 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with international offices in Newcastle, U.K., Utrecht, Netherlands, Seoul, South Korea and Melbourne, Australia.Turnitin is seeking a professional with experience specifically in marketing to K-12 schools/districts. The Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing product positioning and messaging that resonates with the education market, managing product marketing campaigns, conducting market research, and serving as a product ambassador. The ideal product marketing manager should have in-depth experience working with web-based programs and the challenges that schools, districts, and institutions face around educational technology implementation.
In addition, the product marketing manager should also have a solid grasp of K-12 policy, standards, and instructional approaches/strategies. While this position will focus on supporting Turnitin’s growing portfolio of K-12 writing tools in the North America, the product marketing manager will also have the opportunity to contribute to higher ed and/or international product marketing efforts as Turnitin increasingly partners with institutions worldwide.
Product Marketing Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage product marketing campaigns, including work on product and feature launches
- Create product positioning that distinguishes Turnitin in a competitive marketplace
- Craft product messaging that resonates with key stakeholders in the K-12 education system
- Identify and track key concerns that K-12 educators and administrators face in teaching writing, providing feedback to students, fostering critical thinking, aligning to standards, etc. using technology
- Conduct competitive analysis and track shifts and trends in the education marketplace
- Support sales kickoff meetings and manage programming that ensures all sales reps can confidently speak to the unique value Turnitin products create for our customers
- Research and identify additional channels for messaging key decision makers
- Bachelors degree (required); Masters degree in education technology, business with marketing concentration, or other relevant discipline (highly preferred)
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience working with K-12 schools & institutions, preferably in an edtech context
- Experience developing messaging to a K-12 audience
- Experience developing and/or executing marketing campaigns
- In-depth understanding of how K-12 schools and districts implement and use technology
- Exceptional grasp of the challenges and issues that K-12 schools and districts face
- Excellent presentation, written, oral, and organizational skills
- Curious, customer-centric mindset and passion for making an impact on education.
This is full-time, exempt role. Applicants without professional experience in education will not be considered.
Travel 3-6 weeks/year.
The position is based out of our Oakland, CA HQ.
Please no agency submissions or calls.
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status.
3 to 5 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.