Curriculum Design Specialist
NoRedInk - San Francisco, CA - Full time
Ever wish you could help millions of students become better writers? NoRedInk is hiring former English teachers and expert writers to be an integral part of our Curriculum Team. If you’re looking to leverage your passion for language to help students and teachers worldwide, please read on.
- Expanding our grammar curriculum, using your pedagogical expertise to break down complex skills, design a scope-and-sequence, and make important decisions about what we measure and how we measure it
- Editing and improving our instructional tools, using your great eye for language and an empathy for teachers and students
- Creating engaging content within our engine, modeling strong writing for a massive number of students, teachers, and parents all over the world
- Researching the K-12 education system, becoming an expert on state and national standards, ever-evolving classroom models, and power teachers’ best practices
- Answering customer service emails, crafting responses to common issues, and working with our design and engineering teams to eliminate teacher pain points
- You have at least 2 years of teaching experience. Ideally, you've taught middle or high school English and have previously created grammar or writing curricula
- You're incredibly organized, tech savvy, and great at creating systems to manage complex tasks
- You have a passion and prowess for language. If you took the writing/grammar section of the SAT or ACT right now, you'd crush it
- You approach problems creatively, always keeping students and teachers in mind
- You're hungry to make a difference in education, and you bring passion, an awesome work ethic, and an entrepreneurial mindset to all your endeavors
- You want to work at a small startup as part of a dedicated and talented team moving through uncharted teaching territory
- You're based in the San Francisco Bay Area or willing to relocate. We unfortunately cannot accommodate those who wish to work remotely but would like to be full-time
NoRedInk is one of the fastest growing ed-tech companies in the country. Our learning engine helps students improve their grammar and writing skills using their personal interests and adaptive learning. Students answer over 4 million questions per day on our site, and we're on a mission to eliminate the "red ink" on their papers. We're backed by Google Ventures and other top-tier investors, and we've spread to over 33% of US school districts.
Now accepting remote candidates!
less than 1 year
NoRedInk is helping millions of students learn to write. Our engine generates personalized content based on students’ interests, adapts to their abilities with instant feedback, and provides actionable performance data to teachers, schools, and districts around the world.
We’re backed by top-tier investors and led by an experienced team of educators and engineers. Come join us!