The Director, Content Marketing oversees all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior. Managing a team of content specialists, this position leverages expert writing, creative and project management skills to envision and deploy a high volume of content creation activity aligned to the Company’s strategic objectives. The Director oversees the planning, development and execution of marketing copy creation for all channels, maintains the consolidated editorial calendar, and collaborates with marketing partners on strategy and best-practices to optimize desired campaign results.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, aligned to enterprise personas and optimized for search and user experience for all channels including online, social media, email, mobile, video, print and in-person.
- Supervise writers, editors, content creators and serve as champion and gate-keeper of guidelines for grammar, brand messaging, writing, and style.
- Maintain consolidated editorial calendar; Ensure that projects are completed within established priority and alignment to Company goals, budget and objectives.
- Partner with creative and marketing team colleagues to envision and integrate innovative content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Apply a “test and iterate” approach to continually gauge content effectiveness. Review analytics data and make recommendations based on results. Work with project owners to revise, measure and align content to marketing goals and customer preferences.
- Develop and communicate standards, systems and best-practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content curation and repurposing. Execute a content audit and establish procedures that maximize content reuse.
- Establish work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. Work with technical teams to implement appropriate systems that support effective operations.
- Execute periodic competitive reviews; Stay current on industry trends and exceptional content marketing methods.
- BA/BS degree
- Expert copywriting, editing, creating compelling content that drives customer action
- 5+ years of experience leading creative content teams
- A strong working knowledge of creative content campaigns across multiple digital environments including the web, social, and mobile.
- Exceptional project management skills
- A self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills, especially translating strategic and business goals into visual deliverables.
- Experience working with various cross-functional, internal and external groups to deliver meaningful results on time with limited direction
- Operate at hands-on detailed level in addition to strategic thinking
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical skills; ability to measure and effectively communicate campaign results
- Professionalism balanced with a fun attitude and sense of humor
- Experience with transmedia storytelling, especially video and social media
- Hand-on experience with design software and tools
3 to 10 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.