At CK-12, we are on a noble and ambitious mission to give every child on earth equal and meaningful access to education. We are looking for a Chemistry expert who is passionate about changing how Chemistry is learned and taught by leveraging the true capability of a digital medium - by creating amazing Chemistry based simulations and interactive experiences.
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
- Join a great team of passionate individuals who work day in and day out to make learning and teaching more effective and widely accessible
- Work for a noble cause - education is the only source for a better tomorrow
- Work on great products that are disrupting the education industry for the benefit of teachers and students
- Have a strong direct influence on the changing landscape of Education Technology
What You Will Do:
- Link 100+ chemistry concepts to real world applications
- Visualize chemistry concepts for a range of academic levels, ages, and cultures
- Create simulations that guide students through a concept and through levels within a concept with(out) explicit instructions
- Employ/utilize a strong knowledge of applied chemistry (for example: how hydrocarbons help clean our dirty clothes)
- Level all chemistry concepts to provide access for early learners and challenge for more experienced learners
- Provide a variety of assessments for all levels of learners within chemistry concepts
- Work with a variety of teams (including software developers, user experience, etc.) with a varied understanding of chemistry to build the simulations
What You Need for this Position:
More than 5+ Years of experience and knowledge:
- Strong understanding of Chemistry
- Understanding of where and how a given Chemistry concept is used in the real world
- Understanding of what a simulation is. How can it add tremendous value to a learner?
- Teaching experience in Chemistry (ideally in K-12)
- Basic understanding of technology like HTML/5
- Experience building interactive content (for example: storyboarding)
Masters / PhD in Chemistry or equivalent
Experience in industries like Chemical or Material Science, or equivalent
Please note this could be a full-time OR contract position but requires work to be done from our office in Palo Alto, CA.
6 or more years
CK-12 Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving student learning by increasing access to free, high-quality, educational content & materials through the FlexBook® platform and concept-based modalities.