Project Manager, Digital Products
UnboundEd - Remote - Full time
We are seeking an experienced project manager to join the digital product team. You will work alongside other members of the team to advance a broad portfolio of products at various stages of development and maintenance; support critical organizational initiatives to serve educators and internal colleagues through technology; and provide proactive, strategic management to project teams, ensuring success at both the task level and the systems level while keeping projects on track, within scope, and on budget.
Your role will involve working closely with a wide variety of stakeholders, often on several projects at once. You will need to collect and manage tasks and requirements, and use very strong organizing skills to maintain tempo and understand areas of potential risk. You will be continually identifying potential issues to relevant members of the project team, and helping them implement the identified solutions.
You'll need to have strong communication skills and enjoy moving work from disorder to order, again and again. You will sit at the intersection of a number of fast-moving team members with limited time availability. You can also expect the team members will be respectful, courteous and kind.
This is a two-year, full-time virtual position contingent upon future funding. The Project Manager position reports to the Director of Product Development and is available immediately. Candidates are expected to be available 10 AM - 6 PM Eastern time, but can be based anywhere in the United States or abroad (given authorization to work in the United States). Occasional travel is required.
- Establish processes and systems to manage the development and maintenance of current and future digital products, using feedback from colleagues for regular process improvement.
- Develop, monitor, and provide status updates on project timelines, budgets, and goals. Proactively assess risks to the project and make recommendations to mitigate.
- Schedule meetings and manage communications between teams.
- Lead project status meetings, recording and distributing next steps and action items.
- Manage information sharing within the digital product team and with other teams.
- Manage project-oriented interaction with partners, vendors, and contractors.
- Configure and maintain online project management tools.
- Advise Director of Product Development on team capacity and priorities.
- Schedules meetings and manages communication between various internal teams.
Based on the fast-paced and changing needs of the UnboundEd team, as well as the interest and skills of selected candidates, these responsibilities will evolve and may include other tasks at short notice.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of two years of experience managing the administration, development and implementation of a product or program, including working with stakeholders, driving timelines, flagging/tracking risks, managing unanticipated changes to plan.
- Experience with online tools for collaboration - including Google Apps, Slack, Basecamp, and Teamwork - and project management best practices.
- Solid writing, editing and proofreading skills are required, along with strong written and oral communication skills.
- A desire to work for a dynamic, mission-driven organization is a must.
- The flexibility to work independently and also within teams is critical.
- Strong preference for prior experience in education
- Technological interest and experience, ideally managing projects that rely on technical tools or platforms, and experience in guiding technical development processes
Benefits and Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and generous benefits package.
TO APPLY: Please apply with your resume and cover letter via our online portal here: https://unbounded.workable.com/j/B8933EB072
Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: November 4, 2016, however, resumes and cover letters will be accepted after that date until the position is filled.
UnboundEd’s Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
UnboundEd is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort, particularly individuals who have lived or worked in underserved urban communities.
1 to 10 years
We at UnboundEd are dedicated to learning and growth for educators. We empower educators to make strong instructional decisions by providing comprehensive, immersive training and support, as well as, free, standards-aligned curricula in ELA and math and pd-ready resources that can be used in classrooms, schools, and districts.
We see the achievement gap closing as students at all levels and of all backgrounds gain the support they need to realize their full potential and meet the challenge of higher standards.
Who we are:
We are a team of former classroom teachers, curriculum writers, school leaders, and program managers who have worked in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors. We strive to provide the highest quality resources and supports to educators, regularly seeking feedback and evaluating the impact of our work to provide better products and services.