Cengage Learning is a leading provider of innovative teaching, learning and research solutions for the academic, professional and library markets. The company's products and services are designed to foster academic excellence and professional development, increase student engagement, improve learning outcomes and deliver authoritative information to people whenever and wherever they need it. With annual revenues of approximately $2 billion, the company has 5,500 employees with operations in more than 20 countries around the world.
The Director of Content Strategy will focus on new product models and content sourcing strategies for Cengage. Working in partnership with the Vice President, Content Strategy, this person will define and implement the cross-company content strategy.
This person will build a state-of-the-art content repository that enables effective, efficient, and optimized use of content for products and the market. In concert with product leaders across the organization, this person will build new, scalable solutions that offer alternative product models.
The successful candidate will have proven success building innovative products including non-traditional product, business, and pricing models, understand content development and production processes, possess the ability to define and drive technology needs, and work collaboratively in a matrixed organization
This is a full-time, on-site position located in our Boston, MA, Mason, OH, or San Francisco, CA offices.:
- Has overall accountability for delivering a content repository with the Product Owner, CCMS. Will determine Cengage content priorities and acquire needed content.
- Create and execute on a content acquisition strategy that will identify content needed, review Cengage assets, work with Intellectual Property and Licensing team to determine rights to use, and negotiate with content providers and partners.
- Determine content development strategies for various content assets. Determine what we should author, buy, own, and license. Assist teams on execution of this strategy.
- Evangelize the content available with product teams to ensure efficient use and leveraging of content assets.
- Develop, launch, and execute alternate product models in collaboration with discipline Product Managers and Global Product Technology, including providing guidance on pricing models and price points.
- Work with Learning Design and Research Manager to determine research priorities, work with discipline product teams, and share results to inform product development and inform marketing strategy.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and Sales to test and launch solutions. Drive Product Managers, Technical Owners, Engineering, and Marketing towards a shared objective, plan resource allocation, and prioritize development around business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role in product management or content strategy.
- Experience leading new businesses ventures.
- Possess an informed viewpoint on technology.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, build and strengthen working relationships, and gain alignment across business units and functional groups.
- Demonstrated success with managing logistics of complex initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated writing and verbal presentation skills enabling her/him to prepare and present complex information and recommendations to a diverse audience.
- MBA or other related advanced degree in publishing, product management, or marketing
6 or more years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.