Director-Senior Director, AP Insight Program Outreach
College Board - New York, NY - Full time
Director/Senior Director, AP Insight Program Outreach
Job ID: HC20161407-55668
The College Board, the national educational organization, is conducting a search for an Director/Senior Director, AP Insight Program Outreach for the New York City office..
The Senior Director, AP Insight Program Outreach, leads the field outreach and program management of AP products and services for AP educators and students. This includes dedicated support of AP Insight(https://apinsight.collegeboard.org/) , the AP Program's first classroom toolkit designed to help AP teachers and students improve teaching and learning throughout the school year. AP Insight currently provides teacher-developed formative instruction, assessments and feedback, professional development, and student engagement resources to help teachers and all students build the critical knowledge and skills for success in AP, college and careers. AP Insight currently provides these supports in 5 AP courses: AP Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, U.S. History and World History to subscribing teachers, schools, districts and/or states. AP Insight is currently expanding to (a) serve all AP courses and (b) more closely integrate with new digital supports and other College Board services to transform how AP supports students and teachers daily instruction and assessment year-round.
This role is integral to the ongoing success of the AP Insight program, with responsibility for driving the awareness, adoption and implementation of AP Insight with educators and students in diverse high schools nationally and internationally. This includes acting as the primary representative of AP Insight with potential and current adopters, including educators at the school, district and state level, as well as closely collaborating with the College Board's State and District Partnership (SDP) team, who work with key states and districts, to encourage and support the adoption of AP Insight in schools. This position is also a leader on a matrixed, cross-functional team (including CB staff and vendors) to ensure each implementation of AP Insight is adopted with maximum efficacy and usage and that the College Board team provides high-quality support to anticipate and handle any issues that may arise.
This individual oversees the marketing, communications, adoption and implementation of the AP Insight program. The primary measure of success in this position will be the successful expansion of the program. This includes the achievement of adoption (sales) targets set collaboratively with SDP, as well as working closely with teachers and schools to achieve high-fidelity implementation of the program. This includes, but is not limited to, regular school and classroom visits to gauge how AP Insight is being used by teachers and students and working with school, district and state leaders to ensure teachers are supported and encouraged to gain maximum benefit of the program with all students.
She/he leads the development of implementation strategies, materials and support tools with the AP Insight team to help teachers implement the program's theory of action, leveraging extensive efficacy and usage data and foundational research, coupled with deep understanding of the practical realities faced by diverse students and teachers in classrooms with highly variable experience, resources and technologies. This includes working closely with the team's production and instructional leads to ensure all professional development and implementation materials showcase realistic, classroom-tested best practices to help teachers of all experience levels most effectively use AP Insight's instructional resources, formative assessments and feedback reports with students to target challenge areas and increase achievement. This also includes advising on the optimal professional development approach that meets teachers where they are and helps them strategically plan their course and incorporate AP Insight's tools to improve teaching in their classroom, using a combination of face to face training, self-paced professional learning modules, and virtual professional learning community sessions.
This individual must have direct education expertise, and be able to quickly learn the nuances of AP Insight and the unique implications of serving each AP course, in order to guide the successful expansion and implementation of the program for the 2016-2017 school year.
Key functions include:
- Serve as the AP Program's national and international spokesperson for AP Insight. Responsible for meeting or exceeding adoption goals for AP Insight across all subjects, which include both sales and usage targets. Build awareness and sales through active marketing and meetings with state, district and school educators as well as presentations and publications designed for diverse audiences.
- Build relationships with leaders in partner states, districts and schools and facilitate direct support for effective communication, adoption, implementation, and renewal of the program.
- Champion achievement of AP Insight sales / expansion targets with the State and District Partnerships team (SDP). Build relationships and instill close collaboration with SDP staff dedicated to each region and international accounts.
- Develop strategies for prioritizing and achieving targets with SDP. Lead development of all support tools to enable SDP to achieve goals within SDP-managed accounts.
- Lead AP Insight program awareness, marketing and communications, working closely with Marketing, Communications, SDP, and the AP staff working on the AP Insight program.
- Develop and enact go-to-market strategies to facilitate rapid adoption of new programs and services.
- Serve as primary representative for AP Insight within the College Board, working closely with SDP, Government Relations (GR), Marketing, Communications, and other groups as needed. Establish and manage a systematic set of processes to identify and prioritize target segments and customers, drive adoptions with states, districts and schools, and marshal internal resources (people and funding) to ensure that our program development and professional development teams meet external needs.
- Responsible for engaging College Board staff to provide any needed data or tools to identify and support customers and potential customers (for example: driving AP data analysis to identify students, schools or districts that would most benefit from AP Insight in each subject).
- Manage AP Insight pipeline and customer care using SalesForce CRM tool.
- Oversee customer support staff responsible for setting up training and tool access and supporting implementations.
- Direct account management activities for districts and schools not managed by SDP, with help of customer and implementation support staff.
- Actively oversee and participate in CB's management of customer relationships, support for AP Insight customers, and drive high, effective usage by AP teachers and students of the program.
- Analyze teacher, student, and administrator usage, develop and implement strategies in order to optimize effective, regular usage by subscribers. These include both outreach activities as well as informing the product development roadmap with key needs/issues.
- Drive professional development and implementation requirements and the development of support materials that will maximize adoption by states, districts, schools, and individual educators.
- Implement processes for capturing and synthesizing field input and translating into explicit recommendations on program enhancements.
- Implement training programs to ensure all stakeholders in partner districts receive appropriate immersion in new programs and services.
- BA required; graduate degree in relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in education, business development, training, professional development, or related fields is required.
- Experience in program and service delivery for secondary schools or school systems and knowledge of secondary school and school system operations and environment required.
- Deep understanding of high school realities, priorities, problems and needs required. Direct experience as a school or district leader preferred, especially within an AP Program context.
Related Skills & Other Requirements :
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as a team leader and a team member - willing and able both to "get in the weeds" and to delegate and share tasks (including with staff members in various departments without formal oversight or reporting relationship)
- Ability to be a credible and compelling subject matter expert and advocate for AP Insight and the AP program. Ability to craft messaging and positioning of AP Insight and AP program solutions in order to address local goals and needs.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to view situations and issues from multiple perspectives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to educators in widely varying roles and levels, staff at all levels of the organization, vendors, consultants, and other constituents
- Demonstrated success in effectively gathering, synthesizing and creating action plans based on feedback from customers and potential customers, balanced alongside business needs
- Demonstrated success setting and achieving program expansion and/or business development and sales targets
- Strong problem resolution/negotiation skills
- Ability to apply an analytical, data-driven approach to decision-making
- Strong customer service orientation
- Superb public presentation and advocacy skills
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently (20-40%)
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board's mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required.
If you are interested in this position and you meet our qualifications, please apply by visiting our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers and submitting your resume and cover letter.
Requirements: Desired Travel 25% - 50% Areas of Expertise Professional Development, K-12 Highest Level of Education Bachelor's Degree Job Type Full Time Location New York, NY Years of Relevant Experience 6-9
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/4cg6g7k4b9
6 to 10 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.