NovoEd - San Francisco, CA - Full time
NovoEd is seeking a Marketing Manager to help us bring effective online learning to more organizations. We’re looking for a data-driven inbound marketer to drive the top of NovoEd’s marketing funnel. You will be in charge of generating awareness, identifying prospects, and converting these into leads for our enterprise business. You’ll support sales to nurture these leads and close opportunities.
We’re looking for a candidate who will embrace the challenges of building a business from the ground up, who is excited to be part of a close-knit team, and who will be creative and determined in confronting challenges and building solutions.
Lead Generation: Drive awareness and generate leads to supply sales with a stream of marketing-qualified leads. Activities include content creation, event/field marketing, digital ads, email campaigns, and more.
- Content & Collateral - Develop rich content and publish collateral and other marketing assets to attract a qualified audience and support referrals. Examples include blog posts, white papers, case studies, webinars, infographics, videos, and web pages.
- Events & Field Marketing - Use in-person and virtual events to drive awareness and generate leads. This includes sponsoring events, submitting event speaking proposals, and organizing trade show exhibits, online webinars, and local events (e.g. CLO breakfasts).
- Digital Ads - Converting awareness and site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content. This includes managing our digital ad campaigns through Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other display networks and affiliates.
- Email Campaigns - Developing email marketing campaigns and reaching out to new prospects through various channels.
- Lead Nurturing - Optimize and manage our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social media channels. This is particularly valuable for early leads that aren’t yet responsive or ready for sales involvement.
- Sales Enablement - Support sales to close deals (later in the funnel) with collateral, demos, guides, and other pre-sales support.
- Analytics - Establish closed-loop analytics with sales to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers. Track effectiveness of all channels and campaigns, and optimize budget against cost per acquisition by channel.
- Marketing Strategy - Collaborate with the broader marketing team on marketing and channel strategy, messaging, positioning, pricing, packaging, and licensing.
- Entrepreneurial Leadership - NovoEd is an agile startup that is constantly evolving and trying new things. We expect the roles and responsibilities will constantly evolve and expand. We are looking for entrepreneurial marketers who are excited to do whatever it takes to grow NovoEd.
Experience and Skills
- ~4-8 years of professional experience
- At least 2 years of B2B marketing experience, ideally for HR-related product
- Startup experience required
- MBA or MA valued, but not required
- Business and marketing acumen
- Excellent written and oral communicator
- Eye for visual design and structured communication (for designing compelling collateral)
- Analytical skills, including comfort with Excel and ideally SQL (for data analysis)
- Technical skills, including comfort with HTML/CSS (for web / landing page design)
- Entrepreneurial, comfort with ambiguity, ability to structure complex tasks
- Project management skills, bias for action, and hunger for implementation (“get stuff done”)
3 to 10 years
NovoEd is the learning platform for the modern workforce.
NovoEd’s solution brings the best of in-person learning online. The cornerstone is an online learning platform developed at Stanford that leverages social, experiential, and blended learning.
NovoEd’s platform makes it possible to teach soft skills at scale, including leadership, innovation, strategy, sales, customer service, and employee onboarding. By migrating online, training becomes accessible to more individuals at a fraction of the cost, increasing business ROI.
We provide talent development solutions to organizations, including Comcast, ING Bank, NBCUniversal, IDEO, Deloitte, Citrix, Stanford, Wharton, and Berkeley-Haas.