PowerMyLearning - New York, NY - Full time
Position: Development Associate
Job Type: Full Time
Location: National Office
PowerMyLearning is seeking an outstanding Development Associate to serve as a vital ambassador for the organization and to ensure accurate record keeping, timely acknowledgement, and compelling solicitation of gifts. The Development Associate will report to the Managing Director, External Relations and work alongside a small, dynamic development and communications team in our national office based out of New York City. Qualified candidates will have strong written and verbal communications, organizational, and problem solving skills. He/she will bring experience working in a fundraising or sales environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support for donors and prospects, including
- oprospect research
- osolicitation, including the annual appeal and other campaigns, and
- ostewardship, including acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Assemble donor kits for meetings
- Oversee all administrative details associated with the Board Philanthropy & Communications Task Force and Governance Committee meetings (e.g. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.)
- Maintain Salesforce database for all individual, foundation, and corporate constituents and opportunities, ensuring accuracy and appropriate documentation of all gifts
- Manage the Salesforce reconciliation process with the Finance Team quarterly and annually (and answer any questions as needed)
- Ensure grants are appropriately entered into development and finance systems, e.g. categorized as project or general operating, include start and end date, reporting requirements, etc.
- Create fundraising reports and other Salesforce reports as needed
- Solicit input from national and regional staff to determine technical solutions for Salesforce (e.g. 3rd party apps and functionality) as needed
- Provide additional support to national and regional fundraising teams as necessary, including training on Salesforce and other systems
- Oversee all logistical aspects of annual fundraising gala and other events, including coordination with the venue and other vendors, purchasing, materials preparation, and volunteer management
- Create paper-based on online invitations for all fundraising events and keep track of RSVPs
- Solicit and secure in-kind donations through grant applications, stewardship of contacts at organizations, and completing all necessary reporting
- Complete other tasks as requested
REQUIRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
Passion for PowerMyLearning’s mission, including a profound drive to create educational equity
Unwavering commitment to PowerMyLearning’s values (mission-oriented, results-driven, collaborative, passionate)
Bachelor’s degree and experience in a fundraising or sales environment
Exceptional written and verbal communications, including the ability to speak with donors and write strong communications to donors
Strong problem solving skills (ability to prioritize and manage up – a “self-starter” with demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal oversight)
Strong ability to multi-task and synthesize multiple data points to move projects forward
Exceptional detail orientation
Facility and comfort with web-based technology and databases
PREFERRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
Nonprofit and/or K-12 education experience
Proficiency in Salesforce
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience. PowerMyLearning also offers a generous benefits package.
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter to jobs@PowerMyLearning.org using the following conventions:
Subject line: Development Associate
Cover Letter: yourfirstname_yourlastname_coverletter.doc
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
PowerMyLearning is an equal opportunity employer. PowerMyLearning strives to practice and champion inclusiveness in our communities, and we aim to honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of our communities. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
less than 1 year
PowerMyLearning is a national non‐profit that leverages technology to strengthen the learning relationships among students, teachers, and families so that all students can succeed. Our work fosters growth in teachers as instructional leaders, in parents as support partners, and in students as learners who can meet the challenge of high academic standards.
We partner with schools, districts, and after‐school hubs to provide teachers with coaching and students and parents with devices and training. Underlying our work is our free web platform, PowerMyLearning Connect, already in use in more than 40% of school communities nationwide. We have demonstrated impact on student achievement and love of learning; teacher instructional practices; and parental confidence.