Technology Solutions Consultant
Rocketship Education - San Jose, CA - Part time
This position requires substantial work in the following areas:
- Design and set up a sustainable, efficient report card system, including the development into an accessible online platform.
- Design and build automated extract, transform, load (ETL) functions on a server to organize large amounts of student performance data.
- Build data dashboards aggregating and visualizing data for students and teachers.
- Revamp our organization technology support system.
- Support with management of Chromebooks via Google Admin Console.
- Build out iPad Mobile Device Management (MDM) policies and systems.
- Partner with our third-party information technology (IT) support.
- Research, design and implement technical solutions to our schools’ problems and needs around school model design, school operations, and overall instructional technology.
This is an outstanding opportunity to play a significant role in public education reform as well as rethinking what schools look like long-term. Therefore, first and foremost, the Associate of Technology Solutions must believe that no student’s life should be subject to the destiny of demographics. Further, this is a hands-on role as a leader in a small but rapidly growing entrepreneurial organization so the Associate of Technology Solutions must bring significant roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and work ethic.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge and experience with computer hardware and a range of technology.
- Strong knowledge and experience with a variety of operating systems (Chrome, Microsoft Windows, & Apple iOS).
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel.
- General knowledge of TCIP/IP networking.
- General knowledge of computer and network security.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a small team and independently.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, and eagerness to learn and adapt.
The ideal candidate will also possess some combination of the following:
- Computer related major or prior information technology/technical support experience.
- Experience with technology integration, computer programming, coding, and/or web design.
- Experience working within a fluid, start-up environment; optimism, perseverance, and a focus on problem-solving. Strong project management skills.
- A sense of urgency around the achievement gap and issues of educational and social inequity across the country.
This role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, California but is flexible and can allow for most work to be done remotely. The role is estimated to require between 15 & 25 hours/week, on average.
Pay will be at an hourly rate, commensurate with qualifications and experience. This role may lead to a full-time, salaried position based on performance and organization needs.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.
less than 1 year
Rocketship Education (www.rsed.org) is a highly successful and rapidly growing network of public K-thru-5 charter schools serving primarily low-income students in neighborhoods where access to excellent schools is limited. Using a blend of traditional instruction, adaptive technology and targeted tutoring, Rocketship strives to meet the individual needs of each and every student. Rocketship believes that truly transformative schools do more than educate students – they empower teachers, engage parents, and inspire communities.
At Rocketship we deeply believe that the time has come to rethink elementary schools and what both instruction and the overall student experience is for elementary school students in the 21st century. Since our inception, we have been doing exactly this in pioneering a transformative personalized learning model focused on blending technology and strong classroom instruction in a manner that optimizes student learning and achievement while also working to fundamentally change the teaching profession. At Rocketship, we believe personalized learning, if done well, is transformational for both the profession of teaching and the achievement and long-term success of our Rocketeers.
Rocketship’s success is rooted in both a deep and abiding commitment among staff, administration, and faculty alike to “eliminate the education gap in our lifetime,” and in its market-leading approach to early education. Combining excellent teachers and administration, heavy parent engagement, and personalized, blended learning methodologies – along with uncompromising standards for achievement – Rocketship is unique in its comprehensive approach to closing the gaps in opportunities and achievements for every student, regardless of demographics.
Rocketship is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, but realizes the need to address an education gap that stretches across the nation. It currently operates twelve schools in the Greater Bay area – all of which consistently perform in the top 5% of districts serving low-income students in California – as well as recently opened schools in Milwaukee, Nashville and Washington, D.C. Pursuing an aggressive growth strategy Rocketship is slated to open multiple new schools in each of the coming five years to help reach the millions of students languishing in underperforming schools.