Analyst - Product Strategy and Operations
Cengage Learning - San Francisco, CA - Full time
The Product Strategy and Operations team at Cengage Learning plays a critical role in shaping the future of the company by providing deep customer understanding, developing and executing strategic initiatives, cultivating and maintaining partnerships, innovating business models, building and delivering training, and improving product operations. This is a high impact, high visibility team that is tasked with delivering step changes in performance.
The Analyst, Product Strategy & Partnerships and will lead specific deep-dives and critical analysis on a project basis and support the management of our growing number of partners. Many of your projects will be commissioned by senior executives, and you will regularly present your recommendations.
Example projects include researching and developing strategies for entering new markets and building new products, conducting analyses to inform operational improvements, and modeling partnership terms to support negotiations.
- Assist in structuring and executing operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing final recommendations
- Assist in managing existing product partnerships
- Participate in cross-functional teams to get work done
- Communicate findings to senior management and to the broader organization
- Drive recommendations through to implementation and results.
- BA/BS with high proven achievement
- Minimum of 2 years previous management consulting, business development or finance experience
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and execute quantitative analysis and deliver data-driven insights
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills
- Demonstrated writing and verbal presentation skills enabling her/him to prepare and present information and recommendations to a diverse and often senior audience
- Collaborative problem solving and working style to drive change through influence
- Able to self-manage progress against milestones and deliverables with a high degree of accountability and personal urgency
**Applications through EdSurge Connect**
1 or more years
Cengage Learning is a leading educational content, technology, and services company for the higher education and K–12, professional and library markets worldwide. The company provides superior content, personalized services and course-driven digital solutions that accelerate student engagement and transform the learning experience. Cengage Learning is headquartered in Boston, MA with an office hub located in San Francisco, CA. Cengage Learning employees reside in nearly 40 different countries with company sales in more than 125 countries around the world. www.cengage.com.