BizOps Analyst - HigherEd
EdSurge - Oakland, CA - Full time
EdSurge, the leading source for edtech news, research and tools for selecting edtech products, is looking for a BizOps Analyst to lead a diverse portfolio of one-time and recurring projects across the HigherEd team. We’re looking for someone with business or consulting experience to own projects from start to finish. You will work closely with leaders of the HigherEd team to develop and implement projects to increase users and usage of higher-ed products, improve processes and support the growth of the HigherEd team. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of a dynamic, entrepreneurial team within a mission-driven, ambitious start-up.
You’re the kind of person who:
- Understands what someone is talking about before they even finish their... sentence!
- Has a favorite Excel function
- Nerds out about your to-do list and checking things off like a boss
- Believes in leadership that values team results, not personal recognition
In this job you will:
- Track, summarize and analyze KPIs from surveys, google analytics and other qualitative and quantitative data sources
- Work cross-functionally to drive improvement across HE products
- Project manage time-sensitive initiatives of all shapes and sizes from start to finish
- Provide tactical and strategic support to engage more Edtech companies and grow the HigherEd product index
- Drive newsletter conversion and increased subscription through well researched growth tactics
- Develop marketing competencies through a range of topics (e.g. SEO) and tools (e.g. Marketo)
- Collaborate directly with the Strategy and Ops lead for HigherEd
- Be an integral part of an ambitious, fun and close-knit team within a start-up
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You have experience operating at both the 30,000 ft view and getting into the weeds within the same conversation
- You can learn how to use new tools and programs quickly
- You solve problems naturally and comfortably with research, data, and iterations
- You can tackle projects from start to finish with minimal guidance - whether that means scoping and diagnosing problems, developing testing methodologies, finding creative solutions, and then implementing changes
- You’ve managed and influenced outcomes of small teams
- You’re proficient with data analytics tools (Excel would be a baseline)
- You’re comfortable with context switching - thinking through product messaging in one meeting and then building a market size model in the next. Yes - you will have action-packed, meaningful days!
- You love working collaboratively with others and finding ways to reshape and solve their problems
- Three weeks mandatory vacation (not the "unlimited" that never seems to happen....)
- Employee health care
- Pick your laptop and desk setup (e.g. monitors)
- Locations in both Oakland and South Bay (reasonable commute anywhere from Palo Alto to Berkeley)
- Work from home one to two days a week
3 or more years
EdSurge is a high growth, venture-backed news and information resource organization that’s at the heart of the rapidly growing education technology ecosystem. We care deeply about our mission to connect the users, buyers and builders of education technology to close the opportunity gap by getting the right tools into classrooms. Our team is high energy, tight-knit and loves great reads, silly puns and giphys. We read Quartz and Wired. We sometimes do science experiments in the office because—well, why not? Every day we strike that fine balance between being serious and silly. Come aboard!