Desmos - San Francisco, CA - Full time
The best days of math education and the best days of Desmos are ahead of us. So join us!
The financial engine of our business is licensing our API to established and emerging partners, helping them push their content and assessment offerings to new heights. However, we have just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish, and we need your help.
We’re looking for an Account Executive to create and maintain partnerships with companies to license the calculator API. This role doesn’t have a handbook; you define your pipeline, reach out to potential partners, and close deals. You have a fire in your belly for sales and a passion to improve education.
- Qualify sales leads, schedule presentations and sales meetings, and close sales.
- Proactively reach out to create a pipeline for new partnership opportunities.
- Maintain detailed account profiles in CRM application.
- Negotiate contracts.
- Regularly exceed revenue targets.
- Collect, analyze, and report partnership data to other departments.
- SF-based, open to travel (<25%).
- 3+ years experience in business-to-business sales.
- A history of ambition and self-motivation. (Growth and leadership opportunities will arise as the company grows.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Flexibility, friendliness, and resourcefulness.
- Comfortable with a high level of outbound communication via phone and email.
- A passion for education. (Bonus points for prior experience in the math sector.)
3 to 5 years
Desmos has reinvented the graphing calculator, bringing the block of plastic you used in high school into the 21st century with one of the most advanced HTML5 apps on the web. Our free calculators promote equity and access around the world--Google searches for “Desmos” recently exceeded those for “graphing calculator.”
We’re based in the heart of San Francisco, in a beautiful, sunny office in SOMA. We’re well-funded by fantastic investors, and are growing rapidly. We believe that great work requires a great workplace, thoughtful colleagues, and a balanced life. Come join us as we tackle the hard problems we love and build an enduring company in the process.