Chalk Schools - San Francisco, CA - Full time
The Account Manager will build and maintain strong relationships with high-level decision makers for current Chalk Schools clients, ensuring they have the information they need to expand the use of Chalk in their district. The Account Manager will be a trusted advisor to the decision maker, helping them to understand the value of Chalk Schools is having on their district and creating awareness in order to maximize upsell opportunities. As our first Account Manager hire, an ideal candidate must be comfortable defining the strategy for the role and be energized about the challenge of exploring new ways to interact with clients.
It is expected that this position will work out of the San Francisco office, with approximately 30% - 50% travel requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Consistently achieve or exceed annual quotas for upsells and renewals, including accurately forecasting growth and risk for existing accounts
- Develop a deep understanding of client needs and opportunities for growth to continuously building a healthy pipeline of expansion opportunities
- Utilize strong account management skills to drive renewals to on-time closure, maximize contract value, and enhance the customer relationship
- Position Chalk Schools as the preferred vendor for school district leaders looking to meet workflow needs
- Keep abreast of all relevant industry and market dynamics that affect the K-12 operating environment
- Effectively use salesforce CRM to properly document client activity and forecast revenue
- 5+ years of successful enterprise, SaaS Account Management experience
- Ability to manage a portfolio of 50+ accounts with 90-day forecasts of renewals and upsell prospects
- Proven experience cultivating relationships with K-12 district decision makers and identifying potential revenue drivers
- Exceptional ability to drive multiple stakeholders towards common goals through effective communication and a relentless commitment to collaboration
- Entrepreneurial spirit that allows you to thrive in a world of ambiguity — you know when and how to find the right information when you need it
- Passion for our product and the value and change we seek in K-12
- Mastery of salesforce.com platform
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited 4-year college
3 or more years
At Chalk Schools, we are committed to freeing school administrators to run their districts at their best. By bringing their mission critical processes online, districts across the country are moving away from the inefficiency and unreliability of paper with our platform. In other words, we’ve developed the first of its kind School OS.
Our diverse team comes from a variety of backgrounds but we all share a deep passion for K-12 education and bringing technology to traditionally underserved communities. Our innovative forms and workflow platform transforms the school back office and is being rapidly adopted by K-12 administrators and leaders across the country. We help schools hire the best teachers faster, manage bus routes for students with special needs, handle hundreds of chair requests during graduation season and ensure that permission slips return without requiring teachers to track down every last sheet of paper.