Financial Analyst, Lexia Learning
Rosetta Stone - Concord, MA - Full time
Lexia Learning, a Rosetta Stone company, is a developer of innovative, technology-based, educational programs for reading for pre-K to Adult learners. The entire Lexia team is dedicated to helping students by creating unique programs that facilitate the process of teaching and learning to read. The Lexia accounting department is seeking an experience accountant to focus on processing financial data in support of the growing business requirements. The work is fast paced, the interactions cross-functional and the people collaborative. Position located in Lexia offices in Concord, MA.
- Review income schedules for rev-rec compliance, and post
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information
- Perform training revenue accounting in collaboration with Implementation team
- Assist in preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports. Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances
- Assist with annual external audit examination. Complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual and interim audit
- Perform monthly closing journals/assist with month end closing process. Additionally assist with matrix reconciliations for month-end closing
- Assist with monthly reconciliations of Fixed Assets/Software Capitalization Accounts
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks
- Demonstrated discretion in working on confidential information
- Bachelor’s degree with major in accounting, finance, or equivalent
- At least five years of experience in general accounting
At Rosetta Stone, we speak, learn, and interact differently, we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
3 to 10 years
Lexia Learning, A Rosetta Stone Company, is one of the best-known and most highly respected reading-technology companies in the world. Founded more than 30 years ago with private funding and grants obtained from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, our products are now used by more than two million students. Lexia’s ongoing commitment to peer-reviewed efficacy research and gold-standard outcome studies are at the center of our pedagogical approach. Lexia Reading Core5®, the company’s award-winning, flagship product, has set the standard for technology-based reading instruction by providing explicit, systematic, personalized learning on fundamental literacy skills for students of all abilities. With the launch of the RAPID Assessment, Lexia continues its promise to improve student literacy by leveraging technology to personalize learning and simplifying the use of data to drive instruction.