Sales Operations Associate
EdSurge - Burlingame, CA - Full time
EdSurge is looking for a talented, motivated individual to join the EdSurge Sales Team as the Sales Operations Associate. In this role, you’ll be the link between EdSurge customers and the internal EdSurge Sales Team to ensure that customers get the products (and results!) they seek. You’ll work cross functionally with our editorial, product, marketing, and business development teams to see that our customers get the word out about their products in a way that benefits everyone involved.Not only can you keep on top of lots of activity - but you have a knack for finding innovative ways to do things better and faster.
You’re the kind of person who:
- Loves problem solving and is detailed oriented
- Enjoys connecting people to great opportunities within the education technology community.
- Could find success anywhere - and yet wants to make a difference.
In this job you will:
- Support the EdSurge Sales Team and Editorial Team to ensure sponsored content is published in a timely and trackable manner.
- Manage the daily operations of sponsored content, advertisements, and job postings for EdSurge from setup to reporting.
- Field all inbound inquiries
- Manage weekly sales reports for sales team and directors meeting
- Analyze weekly job reports and manage post performance via EdSurge, Twitter, and Google Analytics.
- Support Sales and Marketing Associate to ensure marketing and customer support campaigns are executed and tracked
- Support Sales and Marketing Associate to deliver weekly qualified job candidates to edtech organizations
What makes you a great fit for this role
- You are detail-oriented and love creating structure/processes
- You can see a project through from start to finish and provide timely follow-up
- You can manage complex projects with multiple objectives and stakeholders
- You’re a strong writer and communicator
- You’re comfortable interacting with customers via email, and can do so with professionalism and ease.
- You have experience with this type of work, specifically in project management, operations, or customer service.
- You like variety and are a quick learner
- You’re well on your way to claiming expertise in Excel (and not too shabby with Google Analytics either or willing to learn).
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment (startups, new schools, nonprofit organizations).
- You’re passionate about living at the intersection of job seekers, edtech organizations, VCs, administrators, faculty, and educators.
Location EdSurge has offices in Burlingame, CA and Oakland, CA. Both locations are public transit-friendly.
Any experience level
EdSurge is a high growth, venture-backed news and information resource organization that’s at the heart of the rapidly growing education technology ecosystem. We care deeply about our mission to connect the users, buyers and builders of education technology to close the opportunity gap by getting the right tools into classrooms. Our team is high energy, tight-knit and loves great reads, silly puns and giphys. We read Quartz and Wired. We sometimes do science experiments in the office because—well, why not? Every day we strike that fine balance between being serious and silly. Come aboard!