The Data Operations Associate will be responsible for working directly with public data systems, including Colorado’s Clarity Financial Transparency system and the Idaho EdTrends site. This role will work cross-functionally, coordinating between District Leadership teams, internal Client Success Management, and Product & Engineering. Responsibilities include responding to data inquiries from district leaders, troubleshooting inconsistencies or possible bugs, escalating complex issues, and maintaining support documentation.
- Serve as main point of contact for district leaders with data inquiries
- Navigate the decision tree, troubleshoot issues, and escalate when necessary
- Manipulate and maintain large data sets in order to investigate and resolve potential inaccuracies
- Troubleshoot and escalate product bugs
- Gather, clean and compile publicly available educational data
- Contribute to development and maintenance of support documentation and customer help center
- Strong passion for education and data: you believe that technology can transform education and you want to work with data to make that possible.
- Attention to detail and extreme thoroughness: nothing gets by you. You double and triple check your work, and enjoy getting every detail perfectly right. You take pleasure in ferreting out the smallest inconsistencies and making sure things always add up.
- Clear, concise communication: you get your point across with the fewest most impactful words. You can hold your own emailing with district operations staff, running a project status call or coordinating internal teams around process.
- Data savvy: you’ve got Excel under your belt. You’re comfortable working with data, manipulating it as needed and aggregating to complete basic analyses. You’re also excited to learn new skills to boost your abilities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years experience in district technology or in a customer-facing role
- Advanced Excel skills and/or comfortable manipulating large amounts of data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience using Zendesk or a ticket-based support tool
Please include a cover letter with your resume indicating: 1) why you are interested in working at BrightBytes and 2) what you bring to this role.
less than 1 year
BrightBytes improves learning for millions of students globally through the use of learning analytics and industry research. The company's flagship product, called Clarity, is an online platform that gives educational leaders everything they need to make faster, better decisions in schools. More than 10% of U.S. schools use Clarity, and hundreds more purchase the platform every week.
BrightBytes is a mission-driven organization founded by educational practitioners, education researchers and industry experts who care deeply about the education space. One of the founders is Rob Mancabelli, an internationally recognized thought leader in the field of educational leadership and the co-author of the award-winning book, Personal Learning Networks. BrightBytes hires mission-driven individuals who are eager to apply their educational expertise in a fast-paced, fun, entrepreneurial environment that delivers the tools that educators need to improve children's lives.