Under the supervision of the Senior Director, Products and Curriculum, the Instructional Designer will develop high-quality products and services for NTC’s face-to-face and online Teacher Induction, Instructional Coaching, and School Leadership professional learning. This position requires specific experience with coaching teachers for change, designing professional learning, and delivering professional learning at the school and district levels. The individual must possess deep knowledge of professional teaching and administrative standards, student content standards, assessment, and methods that improve student achievement in core standard areas. In addition to designing professional learning that meets the needs of school and district administrators, key curriculum strands will include College and Career Ready Standards (CCRS), Social and Emotional Learning (SEL), equity, and building an effective climate and culture.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
The following is an overview of the duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. The employee may perform other duties as required.
- Primary content writer for professional learning across product lines
- Coordinate and collaborate with instructional design and online product teams across product lines
- Review and revise the professional learning offerings to align with CCRS, equity, and SEL
- Prepare NTC professional learning offerings for greater scale by utilizing various delivery mechanisms
- Elevate the impact of NTC offerings by increasing their instructional effectiveness as well as improving teacher retention andstudent achievement
- Collaborate with NTC content area experts in SEL, equity, CCRS, and general program delivery
- Use and share research related to school leadership, coaching CCRS, curricular trends and initiatives, social and emotional learning, and relevant education reform topics
- Participate in teams to design professional learning products and services for NTC
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degreed in Curriculum Design or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in teaching, educational administration, and/or SEL-related field
- Completion of NTC Mentor Academies or School Leadership professional learning
- Delivery of NTC’s professional learning preferred
- Knowledge of the needs of program consultants and delivery staff preferred
- Deep knowledge of professional teaching and/or administrative standards, student content standards, assessment and methods that improve student achievement in core standard areas
- Deep knowledge of CCRS and implications for mentoring, coaching and school leadership
- Knowledge of current research related to Social and Emotional Learning and SEL competencies
3 or more years
Are you passionate about education? Do you want all students to have access to a quality education regardless of their zip code? We hope you’ll join us in furthering our mission of improving student learning by accelerating the effectiveness of new teachers and school leaders.
New Teacher Center (NTC) is a national non-profit organization dedicated to improving student learning by guiding a new generation of educators. Founded by teachers in 1998, NTC works in conjunction with school districts, state policy makers and educators across the country to increase the effectiveness of teachers and school leaders at all levels. These programs are built upon research-based principles for teacher onboarding, mentoring and ongoing coaching, and are proven to accelerate teacher effectiveness, reduce teacher churn and improve student achievement. NTC has made it their mission to overcome challenges students and teachers face by providing all educators with the support and resources necessary to succeed from their first day to their last. NTC now supports over 8,500 mentors and coaches and 31,600 teachers, and is improving the learning of over 2.2 million students across the country.
New Teacher Center offers an outstanding benefit package to all eligible staff! Below is a list of some of the benefits you’ll have access to:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), dependent care, parking & transit program
- Generous paid holiday, vacation, and sick time
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Life insurance
- Professional development
- Most importantly, we offer a collaborative, kind, and supportive environment with colleagues who are passionate about improving education!