At Cengage Learning we are revolutionizing the student educational experience. We create online, interactive learning solutions that increase student effort and engagement in their high school and college courses. We have helped more than 4,700,000 students and over 15,000 instructors since 2002 and are looking for eager individuals to join our innovative and collaborative team! We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Learning Design Author for Psychology.
As a Learning Design Author (content writer), you will author content for our Psychology MindTap and play a key role in shaping our approach to digital solutions. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of undergraduate Psychology courses, creative ideas on how to engage students in complex topics, demonstrably outstanding writing skills, and solid methodology for using the digital medium to enhance learning.
This is a full-time, on-site position located in our San Francisco, CA office.
- Write and develop online educational materials for undergraduate Psychology courses
- Work with other content developers to write for, review, and edit our existing online Psychology homework materials
- Serve as a subject matter expert, advising colleagues and customers on learning design and product development for above course areas
- Be familiar with our current content to advise sales and support teams on content-related issues and answers questions from users
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or a closely related field
- At least 1 year of experience teaching undergraduate courses in Psychology, especially at the introductory level
- Demonstrated ability to write effective and engaging instructional materials such as activities, assessments, and engagement exercises on deadline
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and command of the English language
- Top-notch written and oral communication skills
- Computer savvy with the ability to quickly pick up technical skills
- Bright, hard-working, flexible, dedicated, and team-focused self-starter
- Master’s degree in Psychology or a closely related field
- 2+ years’ experience teaching undergraduate courses in Psychology, especially at the introductory level
- Experience teaching online classes and/or developing online materials
- Experience with media writing such as journalism or blogging
- You may be asked to submit a Cover Letter as part of your application
1 to 5 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.