POSITION: Recruitment Manager, Alpha Public Schools
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Talent
- Alpha Public Schools CMO Team
- Alpha School Leaders, Teachers, Hiring Managers
LOCATION: San Jose, CA
Alpha Public Schools is a network of public charter schools serving the students of East San Jose. Alpha students, families and teachers collaborate to develop the 21st century academic skills and character strengths students need for success in school, college and career. Together we create self-reliant leaders committed to making positive change in the world.
Alpha is seeking an entrepreneurial Recruitment Manager who will thrive in a dynamic startup environment. Alpha is a growing charter school network in search of high performing educators and staff members to meet ambitious goals. The Recruitment Manager will play a critical role in creating and driving the annual recruitment strategic plan, using data to improve Alpha’s recruitment and selection process to ensure we find great future staff members and guiding the entire hiring process for all open positions. The ideal candidate displays characteristics of a strong sales person, knows how to effectively communicate with others, has the entrepreneurial spirit required for a startup, and deeply believes in the no excuses/high expectations world of charter success. A growth mindset and strong mission alignment will be the defining characteristics of successful applicants.
DRIVEN: Alpha staff members have a sustained commitment to the school and workplace that demonstrates persistence and drive to complete a job.
ENTREPRENEURIAL: Alpha staff members demonstrate risk taking, innovation, self-confidence, and the ability to push oneself beyond one’s comfort zone.
RELATIONSHIP BUILDER: Alpha staff members demonstrate how they have leveraged relationships to improve outcomes for students and will develop strong relationships with Alpha students, families, and staff
FLEXIBLE: Alpha staff members adapt to meet the needs of the organization and a startup work environment
- Experience in sourcing and search methods for both passive and active candidates, plus proven track record for attracting and developing leads, etc.
- Knowledge of effective use of search engines, job sites, social networks, and other search tools
- Outstanding skills in: relationship building, oral and written communication, interpersonal relations and problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of work experience
- Knowledge with full life cycle recruiting in a fast paced organization with high volume of growth
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Create annual sourcing plan that aligns with Alpha’s recruitment goals
- Identify, cultivate and influence top candidates to apply to Alpha Public Schools
- Utilize recruiting techniques to source candidates through the use of the internet, social media, and other resources
- Attend key national and regional recruitment events such as career fairs, conferences, panel discussions, and networking events
- Network aggressively to cultivate important relationships and identify recruitment channels
Selection & Hiring Process
- Promote Alpha’s staff culture, mindsets and values with all candidates and with the hiring team
- Own & manage Alpha’s ATS and effectively move candidates through the entire interview process (become our internal ATS guru)
- Conduct interviews and cultivation meetings to understand candidate’s fit with Alpha Public Schools and assess the candidate’s match with open positions
- Create and guide the hiring team through Alpha’s candidate cultivation plan
- Create matriculation plan for all new hires and guide hiring manages in executing the plan
- Collect, analyze and implement changes to the hiring & selection process based on recruitment data
- Train & support new hiring managers, as needed
Other Recruitment Responsibilities
- Set the annual recruitment benchmarks and hiring targets
- Create and implement a marketing plan aligned with the annual recruitment goals
- Building strategic partnerships within colleges, universities and organizations to develop pipelines of talent. Develop and own relationships with all key partners and college/universities to source high quality candidates
- Own the development, creation and execution of events for prospective candidates
- Manage the Recruitment Team budget
- Competitive starting salaries
- Excellent medical benefits
- Targeted professional development
- A safe, engaging, dynamic work environment
- A remarkably supportive staff and mission-driven organization
Apply to work at Alpha:
- A cover letter that includes the following:
- Summary of your previous recruitment experience (250 words or less).
- Why are you interested in working in education? (250 words or less).
Incomplete applications or those with errors will not be considered. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.