Senior Data Engineer
HelioCampus - Bethesda, MD - Full time
HelioCampus is a growing analytics company based in Bethesda, MD, serving higher educationinstitutions throughout the US. We are seeking Data Engineers to join our technical team working onchallenging data integration projects. We value innovative employees who have a sense of ownership intheir work and perform well in a fast paced, collaborative team environment.
- Leads ETL development, unit testing and deployment of ETL solutions
- Participates in integration testing activities and UAT as needed
- Design complex data workflow solutions and data models based on user requirements
- Develop ETL using open source tools and commercial solutions such as Oracle Data Integrator(ODI) and Informatica
- Performs design and code review functions for the development projects
- Mentor and coach other ETL developers Researches and recommends alternative actions to resolve problems
- Analyzes trends in performance to proactively prevent problems
- Troubleshoots issues in real-time and diagnoses the root cause
- Interacts with business Analyst/clients to design, develop, test and deliver solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Works closely with BI/Data Warehouse Architect, Test Lead, Data modeler and DBA to deliver end to end solutions .
- Mentor and guide new/junior ETL developers.
Candidates must have 6+ years in ETL and related experience with 4+ years leading the design and development of complex solutions. Knowledge of Ellucian Banner student data models or HigherEdexperience using any ETL required.
3 or more years
HelioCampus provides an analytics platform-as-a-service to higher education institutions, combining a powerful business-intelligence platform with guided analysis from education experts. We are seeking talented Data Analysts and Data Engineers to be a part of our fast growing team in Bethesda and Adelphi, MD.