The User Experience Researcher is responsible for bringing the user’s voice to our strategic product development efforts at Pearson Higher Education, and is considered the resident subject matter expert on our user’s needs, goals, motivations and desires. As Senior User Experience Researcher, and as an embedded and invested member of our product design teams,you will collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders. This role requires the Senior Researcher have a high level of competency to work with little guidance or instruction on UX processes and methodologies and the ability to respond appropriately and successfully to challenges. You will work with stakeholders to scope projects and develop research roadmaps. Your primary responsibilities are designing,conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research for a range of higher education products.
- Excellent knowledge of user-centered design methods and best practices.
- Work well in a fast-paced environment with iterative design process.
- Independent self-starter with strong project management skills.
- Expertise preparing and making formal presentations/reviews.
- MA/MS degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, or a related field. A minimum of five (5) years of directly related work experience in collecting user data for online interfaces in a consumer facing or enterprise organization.
- Five(5) years direct experience with user experience research methodologies such as card sorting, usability testing, ethnographic research, customer interviews, journey mapping, task analysis, surveys and focus groups.
- Five(5) or more years of experience as a usability test facilitator/moderator, with a demonstrated professional demeanor and an ability to put research participants at ease.
- Experience participating in multi-disciplinary teams, driving the research agenda, and conducting user experience research within an iterative development process.
- Experience conducting mobile research (smart phones/tablets/native apps/online mobile sites).
- Knowledge of online data analytics, site analytics and online panel proctoring a plus.
6 to 10 years
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities,women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.