We are looking for a People Operations Manager who is passionate about improving the human potential of our company as we bring on new team members. You may be a strong fit for this role if you truly care about the employee experience and can be counted on to anticipate and respond to the needs of staff across all levels of the organization. You will impact the major touch points for employees throughout the company - from initial contact during recruitment to the transitions during the hiring process through new hire onboarding and sustained employee engagement. You will play an integral role in developing the culture of Chalk Schools and ensuring we continue to attract and retain top talent.
We need someone who will:
- Ensure all new hires have the necessary resources to make substantial contributions to their respective teams within 60 days.
- Redefine our recruitment processes towards meeting industry standards for the time it takes to fill positions with top talent.
- Keep a pulse on employee engagement, developing and executing initiatives that achieves an 85% employee engagement rate.
- Actively monitor employee turnover, maintaining a turnover rate of less than 15%.
What you’ll bring:
- A proven track record of success in recruitment, hiring, employee onboarding, training, and/or team building
- Evidence of a data-driven decision-making process when solving for problems related to talent recruitment and retention
- Accomplishments building teams and collaborating on projects with peers
- A strong work ethic and no ego about doing what it takes to get the job done
- A craving for giving and receiving feedback related to professional growth
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- 1-3 years of experience in human resources or people operations management
Are you the right person to help Chalk Schools jump start its People Operations team?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume & a brief description of why you are excited about this role!
Chalk Schools is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
1 to 5 years
At Chalk Schools, we are committed to freeing school administrators to run their districts at their best. By bringing their mission critical processes online, districts across the country are moving away from the inefficiency and unreliability of paper with our platform.
Our diverse team comes from a variety of backgrounds — in our past lives, we were school administrators, financial systems architects, nonprofit leaders, startup founders, building architects, and NFL players — but we all share a deep passion for K-12 education and bringing technology to traditionally underserved communities
Our innovative forms and workflow platform transforms the school back office and is being rapidly adopted by K-12 administrators and leaders across the country. We help schools hire the best teachers faster, manage bus routes for students with special needs, handle hundreds of chair requests during graduation season and ensure that permission slips return without requiring teachers to track down every last sheet of paper.