Director of Human Resources
- Manage full-life cycle recruiting, orientation and on-boarding.
- Lead annual performance management process, as well as coaching and supporting managers to address performance challenges.
- Lead internal communications efforts, including internal social network, all-staff and national meetings, and leadership staff retreats.
- Work closely with outside pro bono counsel to ensure compliance with relevant local, state and federal laws.
- Manage organizational risk while also promoting an outstanding culture for staff to flourish. Help promote and support PowerMyLearning’s organizational values.
- Identify best practices to ensure that the organization is bringing the best thinking to bear on its specific practices and approach to talent management.
- Identify and track key metrics to measure progress.
- Work closely with finance team, which manages payroll, to ensure efficient and effective systems.
Passion for PowerMyLearning’s mission and alignment with our values
Five to ten years’ experience in Human Resources
Proven ability to recruit all levels of staff (program, fundraising, executive)
Experience leading a robust performance management system with 360 feedback
Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with stakeholders across regional, functional and organizational lines
Outstanding project management skills, with an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
Exceptional oral and written communication skills
Impeccable ethics and commitment to confidentiality
Self-motivated with the ability to thrive under pressure and on deadline
Flexible and adaptable to change
Sense of humor
Experience in the K-12 field
Experience in a technology organization
Experience in a multi-office national organization
PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP
Compensation will be very competitive and commensurate with experience. PowerMyLearning also offers a competitive benefits package.
Please send a resume and a thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and stating both your current compensation and how you heard about this opportunity, to jobs@PowerMyLearning.org using the following conventions:
Subject line: Director of Human Resources
Cover Letter: yourfirstname_yourlastname_coverletter
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will contact only those candidates whose professional experience meets our requirements. No phone calls please.
PowerMyLearning is an equal opportunity employer.
6 or more years
PowerMyLearning is a national non-profit that leverages technology to strengthen the learning relationships among students, teachers, and families so that all students can succeed. Our work fosters growth in teachers as instructional leaders, in parents as support partners, and in students as learners who can meet the challenge of high academic standards.
We partner with schools, districts, and after-school hubs to provide teachers with coaching and students and parents with devices and training. Underlying our work is our free web platform, PowerMyLearning Connect, already in use in more than 40% of school communities nationwide. We have demonstrated impact on student achievement and love of learning; teacher instructional practices; and parental confidence.