QA Automation Engineer
IXL Learning - San Mateo, CA - Full time
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 6 million students worldwide, is seeking a QA Automation Engineer to ensure that we consistently release software of the highest quality. Students, teachers, and parents depend on IXL to provide fun and effective online learning tools.
As a QA Automation Engineer at IXL Learning, you will work closely with our Development and QA teams and be responsible for creating and executing comprehensive automated test suites. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions, and we are eager to have you join our team.
International candidates encouraged to apply; H1B sponsorship is available.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Develop and maintain automated test harnesses and libraries
- Create test scripts from smoke, regression, and functional test plans
- Ensure that tests function well across all supported browsers and platforms
- Integrate test scripts with frameworks such as Jenkins and cron
- Manage inbound test requests, estimating time needed and working with other team members to set priorities
- Communicate test results and highlight any potential quality risks
- Assist other software engineers in writing effective tests
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience developing automation frameworks with Java, Selenium, and SQL
- 4+ years of experience in testing software and maintaining test automation
- Ability to work both independently and on a wide variety of teams
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, proactive, and collaborative
- Familiarity with iOS or Android development is a plus
- Demonstrated skill in testing online applications
- Experience integrating test harnesses and test results into continuous integration and build environments
3 or more years
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: delivering an immersive learning experience to all students, in all grades and subjects, in schools and homes worldwide. With 1 in 8 U.S. students already learning on IXL (answering over 50 million questions every day!), IXL inspires educators and learners around the world and is changing how students feel about learning and about themselves.