Alpha Public Schools - San Jose, - Full time
Full description here!POSITION: Executive Assistant
REPORTS TO: CEO
- Alpha School Leaders & Leadership Team
LOCATION: San Jose, CA
Alpha Public Schools is a network of public charter schools that prepares students in low-income communities with the knowledge, skills and character traits they will need to succeed in college and career. Alpha students, families and teachers collaborate to develop the 21st century academic skills and character strengths students need for success in school, college and career. Together we create self-reliant leaders committed to making positive change in the world.
Alpha is seeking an entrepreneurial Executive Assistant who will thrive in a dynamic startup environment. Alpha is a growing charter school network in search of high performing educators and staff members to meet ambitious goals. The Executive Assistant will have the opportunity to support projects across the diverse responsibilities of the leadership team.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides support in administrative duties for executive management. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The ideal candidate has the entrepreneurial spirit required for a startup, and deeply believes in the no excuses/high expectations world of charter success. A growth mindset and strong mission alignment will be the defining characteristics of successful applicants.
- DRIVEN: Alpha staff members have a sustained commitment to the school and workplace that demonstrates persistence and drive to complete a job.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL: Alpha staff members demonstrate risk taking, innovation, self-confidence, and the ability to push oneself beyond one’s comfort zone.
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDER: Alpha staff members demonstrate how they have leveraged relationships to improve outcomes for students and will develop strong relationships with Alpha students, families, and staff
- FLEXIBLE: Alpha staff members adapt to meet the needs of the organization and a startup work environment
- Experience in a K-12 school setting, preferred
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills and the ability to inspire confidence among diverse stakeholder groups
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint and Google platform and iOS operating system
- Ability to build and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency
- Strong project management skills
- Self-starter, demonstrated ability to drive for results and prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative on projects and tasks and work both independently and within a group setting when needed
- An eye for editorial excellence & clear writing skills
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and represent Alpha and the executive positively to internal and external parties
- BA required
- Bilingual in Spanish, preferred
- San Jose based, preferred
CEO Time & Travel Management
- Calendar management for the CEO including meetings with internal and external partners
- Manage and update weekly CEO organization system
- Create necessary systems and structures to ensure CEO is using time efficiently and communication from CEO is seamless and timely
- Manage all CEO travel details
- Oversee all logistics for internal & external meetings, events and conferences
- Manage email correspondence for CEO
- Manage communication with between the Alpha leadership team and various stakeholders and potential partners
- Attends meetings, registers attendance, takes all meeting notes/minutes and action items from each meeting w/the CEO. Coordinate necessary meals & materials.
- Facilitate communication between CEO and Board Members, donors and executives across the education sector
- Serve as point-person for preparing weekly meeting logistics
- Manage internal communications between leadership team and school leadership teams as needed
- Assist in the development of materials for internal & external presentations and board meetings
- Manage board compliance and regular communication
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality with all communication
- Complete and submit expense reports
- Reviews all correspondence requiring CEO signature and manages accordingly
- Conduct essential research and provide necessary support for projects managed by the CEO and other members of the leadership team
- Create and maintain key organizational documents including system calendars and other reference materials
- Manage logistics & planning for organization-wide events
- Manage Alpha’s network office around key supply orders and other office managerial tasks
What Alpha Offers
As a staff member at Alpha, you will change the educational and economic trajectory of students who otherwise would not attend college. You will work with a passionate, hard working and collaborative staff. You will significantly and directly impact the success and direction of a startup charter school organization, and have the opportunity to advance in a rapidly growing organization.
- Competitive starting salaries
- Excellent medical and retirement benefits
- A strong instructional coaching system and administrative support
- A committed team and mission-driven organization
- The opportunity to innovate and disrupt the traditional school model
- A parent community committed to educational excellence
Apply to work at Alpha:
Please submit online application: https://boards.greenhouse.io/alphapublicschools/jobs/262092
- A cover letter
Incomplete applications or those with errors will not be considered. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
3 or more years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.Alpha Public Schools is a network of public charter schools that prepares students in low-income communities with the knowledge, skills and character traits they will need to succeed in college and career. Alpha students, families and teachers collaborate to develop the 21st century academic skills and character strengths students need for success in school, college and career. Together we create self-reliant leaders committed to making positive change in the world.