Cengage Learning is leading the transition from print to value-added digital and custom solutions by developing a deep understanding of its customers’ needs, capitalizing on synergies across its businesses, and delivering innovative products and services that cannot be matched by its competitors.
In the transition to digital, the business recognizes that there is no ‘one size fits all’ in learning. Finding the right combination of content, pedagogy and technology makes it easier for teachers to teach, and students to learn. Cengage Learning’s strategy is to provide the right solution for each instructor; and to develop hybrid, customized, integrated teaching and learning systems that deepen student engagement and improve learning outcomes.
We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic, and experienced Senior Manager of Sales Operations, Systems and Tools focused on supporting our systems and processes with the Higher Ed, National Geographic and Institutional sales organization, comprising of well over 500 sales professionals. The position will provide an excellent opportunity to learn the fundamentals of the Strategy & Operations world at an exciting Education Technology & Publishing company going through a transformation in the industry. This role will report to the Executive Director of Sales Operations, Systems and Tools. They will be located in the Boston office and support key leadership across all of Sales, including the Chief Sales and Marketing Office, the Chief Marketing Officer, the Senior Vice President of GTM Strategy & Operations and the VP of Marketing Strategy & Operations
- Manage all aspects of sales tools including our CRM environment (i.e. Magellan) to enhance sales rep effectiveness, enablement, and productivity. Ensuring the systems, tools, and processes are in place to make it easy for sales reps to meet customer needs
- Assess current sales processes and tools and recommend and execute areas for process improvements
- Ensure all CRM processes provide a positive ROI to sales reps which enables us to consistently gather high-quality data and provide clear visibility into the sales pipeline at all stages.
- Sales Tool Development: Design, pilot, and deliver a limited number of tools that expedite the execution of key sales activities. Aspire for sales tools to be highly regarded by the sales force and are actively used, resulting in improved rep productivity.
- Collaborate, define, lead and deliver initiatives to support revenue growth from sales and increase sales productivity, drive process improvements, including tools, process, sales methodology, sales support.
- Provide general support to Sales Operations to ensure all sales activities are processed in a timely manner and all issues are actively worked to resolution. Provide technical product assistance and act as the escalation point for the Sales Ops team.
- Work closely with Marketing to manage implementation of new customer success automation
- Ensure Sales reporting and dashboards are in the right systems, data is up-to-date and systems are sharing data in an automated way and that these reports / dashboards are within the workflow of the sales force
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required. MBA or Masters in a Technical field a plus.
- Minimum 6-8 years’ work experience in sales analysis/operations experience and in roles requiring problem solving/analytic skills, project management and presentation skills required.
- Expert level experience in utilizing CRM and sales force automation systems (SFDC, Magellan, Data Warehouse)
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Excel, Access & PowerPoint required.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding.
- Must be able to listen and interpret the requirements of internal clients, plan accordingly and exceed expectations.
- Exemplifies initiative, intelligence, strong attention to detail, and integrity in striving for continuous improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as, strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop moderately complex financial and operational models using spreadsheets and database software.
- Demonstrated financial modeling knowledge and skills. Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to correlate results from data analysis to sales processes and drive continuous improvement.
6 to 10 years
Enter some language to introduce people to what the organization is about. This will show up along with the posting.