Director, Professional Learning
Pivot Learning Partners - Oakland, CA - Full time
We are currently seeking a Director, Professional Learning to join our team. This position oversees the delivery of all of Pivot Learning’s services in California and nationally, from initial proposal through implementation; ensures fidelity of implementation and leads Pivot’s coaching and regional project management staff. Additionally, the Director, Professional Learning will participate in Pivot’s new service development to ensure pedagogical appropriateness, potential for desired impact, alignment to Pivot’s mission, and support of market needs.
This is a full-time position based out of our Oakland office and reporting to our Chief Business Officer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Function as the senior-most expert on professional services implementation in the organization.
- Serve as a strategic advisor and thought partner regarding service offerings, fidelity of implementation, knowledge management, and external partnerships.
- Act as an evangelist of Pivot’s strategic and business plans, disseminating them internally and externally through organizational goals and day-to-day activities.
Service Development & Implementation
- Support R&D and product development efforts by providing input into new services design.
- In collaboration with Product Development and Business Development Teams, develop strategies for focusing, scaling, and expanding Pivot’s services in alignment with organization’s mission and theory of change.
- Manage teams of coaching and regional project management staff.
- Develop and coordinate training necessary for Pivot staff to deliver education programs and services with fidelity to ensure maximum impact and results.
- Work closely with the finance team to oversee the creation and monitoring of relevant departmental, grant and programmatic budgets.
- Develop a capacity plan for staff utilization, using both employees and contractors to achieve optimal utilization and labor resourcing.
- Direct annual re-contracting efforts with established clients.
- Support Business Development team in developing service offerings that meet customer needs and complement regional sales strategies.
- Develop a resource plan (e.g. budgets and staffing needs) that supports each scope of work.
- Support Business Development team to craft scopes of work for new sales that support and reflect customer needs.
- Develop and implement appropriate methods to ensure coaches receive appropriate training, implement services as designed, and represent Pivot in a positive way that promotes our brand.
- Facilitate regional collaborations as necessary to ensure continuity and clarity of Pivot’s mission, vision, services, and distinctive competency in the market.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop knowledge acquisition and dissemination systems to share organizational learning and program impacts with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Professional Learning team to gather data and implement metrics to measure fidelity of implementation, program impact and customer satisfaction.
- Build strong customer relationships through superior customer service and service delivery.
- Address and resolve client complaints and issues with a high degree of professionalism, documenting and resolving the issue swiftly and to the satisfaction of the client.
Quality Assurance and Impact
- Develop and manage systems to measure quality of service implementation.
- Develop and manage systems for measuring impact with clients.
- Works in collaboration with leadership to ensure that programmatic impact is captured and leveraged for maximum organizational communications and profile-raising efforts.
Required Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Six to 10 years of management experience in K-12 education
- Undergraduate degree required; master’s degree desired
- Teaching credential and experience required (credential doesn’t have to be valid)
- Strong leadership and management skills; must have managed teams of 5 or more
- Significant experience recruiting, managing, mentoring, and developing a strong coaching team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A persuasive, credible, and polished communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Ideally, will have served as an effective spokesperson at the national level.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Able to handle a variety of constituencies, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities
- Experience developing and operationalizing strategic goals
- Strong analytical skills, intuition, and common sense
- A commitment to the work of Pivot and a desire to continually broaden and deepen the organization's impact
- Ability to travel 20-40% of the time, locally, statewide and nationally
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Qualified applicants should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include position title, applicant name and where you heard of this opportunity in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage applicants to submit their materials as soon as possible.
People of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Pivot Learning Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All recruitment and hiring decisions will be made without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
6 or more years
Pivot Learning is a nonprofit organization of K-12 education experts working shoulder-to-shoulder with districts, charter management organizations (CMOs) and schools to address the biggest challenges they face. We partner with education leaders at all levels and provide them with the knowledge, skills and support proven to strengthen educational systems and transform teaching and learning.